• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Walcott apparently turning down 75 grand a week, imagine what he'd be on if he had an end product.
Must be an idiot.

Had a dream that Arsenal sold him and then hijacked Spurs' move for Dembele. Would be absolutely fantastic if that happened.

Clearly won't happen though.

Agent TBY

International Captain
I hope at least one English team has the sense to save up some money to go after Rossi in January. He won't cost much, and he won't ever go this cheap again.

DJellett

International Debutant
Spurs set to capture Lloris.

For 12 million quid! Bargain...add that to the 15M for Dembele, there's the upfront Modric money very very well spent. Almost makes the whole saga worthwhile...almost.

Be interesting to see if we can tie up Willian and another big striker; lack depth on the wings, and Defoe isn't the ideal player to back up Ade in AVB's systems. Presuming Lloris, Dembele and these 2 deals were to go through (reaching, I know) Spurs would have a pretty solid squad, given all the doom and gloom talk after 'Arry left.

DJellett

International Debutant
I hope at least one English team has the sense to save up some money to go after Rossi in January. He won't cost much, and he won't ever go this cheap again.
Right at this moment, Barca should be spewing they spent so much on Alexis.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
**** all this Spurs transfer talk becase Jake Bidwell is back at the Bees, by far the longest running and important transfer story of the summer

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
When is the next home game you are planning on attending? I'll be free of pretty much any commitments from Friday, and am eager to come and see the Bees in action once again.

Pothas

Got a season ticket this year so will try and make them all, Saturday 8th is the next home game.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Got a season ticket this year so will try and make them all, Saturday 8th is the next home game.
Ah blast, I've been roped into going to watch Vertigo in a cinema somewhere or other with Sledger Snr on that day, so won't be able to come along. Will hopefully be able to make the following one though.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Must be an idiot.

Had a dream that Arsenal sold him and then hijacked Spurs' move for Dembele. Would be absolutely fantastic if that happened.

Clearly won't happen though.
Would it be worth their while to go in fro Sinclair if City sign Theo?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Would it be worth their while to go in fro Sinclair if City sign Theo?
I was just wondering if they might do that actually. Wouldn't be opposed to the idea.

I quite like Theo, and think he's a reasonable player. But Arsenal's fortunes will not be made or broken depending on his contribution. If he's got too big for his boots, as has been suggested, then he can sling his hook. If Arsenal could get rid and bring in a player with promise and decent technical ability I'd be quite happy with that. Not really sure how good Sinclair is tbh, but he's quick, good on the ball and can play in the Arsenal style, so he wouldn't be a bad bet I suppose. That said, I'm not really sure why City would be interested in either him or Walcott.

The main concern for me is that there will have been a number of senior players who have left the side in quick succession, meaning that someone will have to come in and fill the void, and could take a while to settle. The fact that the team hasn't scored any goals yet this year demonstrates that this is already happening.

duffer

I'd like someone better than SInclair but as long as he's replaced. That's if he goes, which I doubt. He's looking to get paid on a Bosman. He'll get it.