• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Boy

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Two Ms for me in recent times, Munro & Milne.

Primarily Munro since he doesn't appear to have that many CW fan-bois outside myself and Hurricane. We may have to scrap over the rights.

Flem274*

123/5
Two Ms for me in recent times, Munro & Milne.

Primarily Munro since he doesn't appear to have that many CW fan-bois outside myself and Hurricane. We may have to scrap over the rights.
milne is mine. i started the original thread and will fight to the death.

munro belongs to steve.

you could have tom latham the odi cricketer:ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Still is for me, if you ask Cribb
Well I don't think, personally, that players like Broad and Steve Smith are really what the thread is asking for.

Like, Broad is still one of my absolute favourites, that's not changed. But I don't really feel I can be smug about it as everyone (well, most) know how good he is now.

Acknowledge your point though. You've been a fan as long as I can recall you posting

Flem274*

123/5
yeah this thread is for the early fans of unrated cricketers or the first fanboys of good ones.

whoever was first to back the likes of steve smith to the hilt gets him. the rest of you hangers on, nope.

flibbertyjibber

I mentioned Root first on here but hadn't seen him and was going off the hype coming from Yorkshire about him. Not sure that counts me as a fanboy though even if he is my favourite player in the team at present.

I guess I have stuck up for Bairstow more than most so seeing him do well in SA has been satisfying.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
True boy claimants would have to see the player in a domestic match, preferably in person before they play an international game. The first one to do so gets to claim the player. By that accord, I might have KL Rahul, Sudeep Chatterjee among recent Indian players. I still back KL to do well in tests at least.

Spark

Global Moderator
Well I don't think, personally, that players like Broad and Steve Smith are really what the thread is asking for.

Like, Broad is still one of my absolute favourites, that's not changed. But I don't really feel I can be smug about it as everyone (well, most) know how good he is now.

Acknowledge your point though. You've been a fan as long as I can recall you posting
Haha, it's more that Cribb likes to make fun of me popping up every time someone takes a shot at Broad or bringing him up in random threads.

91Jmay

International Coach
True boy claimants would have to see the player in a domestic match, preferably in person before they play an international game. The first one to do so gets to claim the player. By that accord, I might have KL Rahul, Sudeep Chatterjee among recent Indian players. I still back KL to do well in tests at least.
I have Chris Woakes. Loved him, he won't make it as a Test match player (and frankly doesn't deserve another shot) but still hold out hope he can be a solid ODI player for us.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Used to love me some Zak.

Took it very personally when he turned up for India's last but one tour clearly having had quite a long term affair with the pies.

vcs

I know it's irrelevant but it's awful if the guy is being prosecuted for that. I was horrified when those poor Kashmiri students were expelled in Meerut for cheering Afridi's sixes against India in the Asia Cup.

smash84

The Tiger King
I know it's irrelevant but it's awful if the guy is being prosecuted for that. I was horrified when those poor Kashmiri students were expelled in Meerut for cheering Afridi's sixes against India in the Asia Cup.
yeah, its crazy. I had no idea you could even be arrested for such a thing.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator

They both had periods where much (most) of the world didn't think they were very good though. You can always proudly proclaim that you always saw his quality etc.