• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Boy

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
VVS

I was very young when he made his debut, but for some reason, the moment I saw him bat, I was utterly convinced he was a genius. Despite being made to play out of position for a large chunk of the beginning of his career and getting flack from plenty of people, I constantly sang his praises and knew all he needed was time and being given the opportunity to bat in the middle order. When he smacked McGrath, Lee, Warne, Fleming all over Sydney, I felt a sense of vindication like no other... until the 281 a year later which even took me by surprise at how ridiculously good it was. At that point, I was pointing and laughing at every single one of my stupid friends who wrote him off early in his career and I anointed him the next true god tier ATG Indian bat. Now that didn't quite happen, but that hardly dampened my love for the guy. Only enhanced it really, since he had his critics for a long, long time who used words like "inconsistent" to describe him, when in actuality he averaged 51 over a 12 year period until that fateful final series and barely had any prolonged patches of bad form. WAFG :wub:

Last edited:

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
For all his antics and all the ridicule he endured from my friends , i was one constant supporter of Sreesanth from day one until the sucker got lured by match fixing..Imagine if he had pulled himself together and played as many matches as Ishanth..Ooph the man can land the ball beautifully on the seam no 2 ways about that..Lara , Kallis who?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh man I was such a Sreesanth fanboy. Dat seam presentation was to die for. Sree, van Zyl, and Sohaib Maqsood are three of "my boys" who haven't exactly set the world on fire.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Nah people (especially Kiwaaahs) still find reasons to bag him even though he's a more successful Test bowler than Hadlee.
I don't think that taking 2 more wickets in about 30 more tests at a vastly inferior average equates to being more successful. By that logic Chris Martin is a more successful test bowler than Sydney Barnes.

Flem274*

123/5
I don't think that taking 2 more wickets in about 30 more tests at a vastly inferior average equates to being more successful. By that logic Chris Martin is a more successful test bowler than Sydney Barnes.
you realise you've just given him the fuel to keep posting lame budget benchmark baits that no one will reply to for another 12 months right?

good second post though

MrPrez

International Debutant
Yeah, Furball, when your trollposts reach Fy-level, you should step back and introspect.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
haha and even if he does dislike them more, this thread isn't about who your favourite or most disliked is, it is who you are known for loving or hating on CW. It is clearly Bell for you furball.