• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Boy

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Gonna claim Pandya as well. Been a fan since this year's IPL play offs and wrote a long fb post after the IPL final saying he might exactly be the type of player missing in our limited overs set up.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I was backing James Anderson when every one was dissing him on here during his years of wilderness. English fans can be extremely critical. I always liked what I saw and I was glad when he started producing the goods. At the point of time, they were trying every one but Jimmeh and no one seemed to back him.

There are always players you notice who you think will do well and then they go on to do the same. I liked Rabada's simple action and thought he would do well but I wouldn't say he is my boy or any thing. There would be several who would think the same when they saw him tbh.

I have really liked Bengal's Sudeep Chatterjee this year. He made three FC tons in the Ranji. He is a left handed player in the Ganguly mould but plays a few more strokes. I wish he goes on to do greater things.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Dravid to a fair extent. I hadn't seen him in domestic cricket as we got little domestic cricket then. However, when he made runs in New Zealand in 97, I watched all of it and was extremely impressed. Those were tough conditions and to get a big 100 there with the technique he showed, I was in amazement for a few days. You have to realise that as a fan since 1992, the first 5 years, I had not seen many Indians make hundreds, let alone big hundreds abroad. Those days, New Zealand was a tough to bat in as well, with the bounce on offer.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Re Anderson, some comments from 2009:

Piscine - There is no leader except when Flintoff plays/played. He's just another bowler, who happens to be completely innocuous most of the time.

Being a better Test bowler than Hoggard isn't saying much. One of the most over-rated bowlers ever. Another guy who was a luxury bowler, good at certain times but a complete waste of time otherwise. The difference is Hoggard was bowled sparingly when the ball did nothing, something which doesn't happen with Anderson because at present he's one of only three seamers.

LT - Such is the paucity of fast bowlers in England some people are fooled into thinking the likes of Anderson are quality bowlers - especially when placed along side fodder like Onions.

Goughy - I dont trust Anderson based on his action. I know Ive been saying it for years but he just cant be consistent. Onions has a far steadier action and I was really impressed from the first time I saw him. Not a glamour boy but not a 'daisy' either.

That is not to say Anderson cant be very dangerous when he gets it right (and yes, I have seen him reverse the ball in on many occasions) and it doesnt mean Onions and Anderson cant coexist in the same team.

I do worry with Broad and Anderson leading the attack though.

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/23239-james-anderson-10.html

indiaholic

International Captain
Puj obviously.. Been a fan since the time I saw him in FC cricket.

Williamson. But then everybody loves him. Plus point for me is that I have a 1000 rs bet that by Nov 2020, he will have a higher test average than Kohli.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Martin Guptill in Tests and Tom Latham in ODIs. I remain convinced that both of these guys have too much class to fail in their weaker format.

Howsie

International Captain
Piss off :laugh:

I've been backing, and mostly defending Southee since the day I got here. I can't have Williamson since he has so many fan boi's these days, no way I'm losing Southee too haha.

Especially to a Wellingtonian :ph34r:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Dave Warner. Thought from the get go when he came into the 20/20 team that he looked very proper and could succeed at tests.

But to balance my brag I thought Smith was really really **** initially. Thought he was a very ordinary leggie and a terribad batsman. Still baffles me how he's ended up the best batsman in the world.