• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Changes To Indian Team in Next Series Onwards

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Well dravid averages 55 for the last 3 years including 10 hundreds!!when did an avg of 55 which is actually greater than his career avg of 52 become woeful?Only sachin has scored more runs than him in indian team during this period of 3 years.There obviously cannot be a reason to drop dravid ahead of the likes of laxman and sehwag.I would like to know your reasons if there is any.Sachin is looking good but hope he converts them into big scores.Anyways laxman needs to go after australian series and dravid after lanka series,Sachin can play for two more years.
I meant 3 years before the last one.I.e since 2007.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
The whole thing is a mess and i see a long, dark road ahead for India to be honest, the batting order is pretty much finished, the major problem is the younger guys coming up don't even have half the talent that the current lot have, Dhoni's captaincy has also been exposed here which is sad to see because he's a decent guy,

The bowling unit is also looking powderpuff now despite the promising start it made in the first test, Yadav needs more experience, Sharma has regressed, Ashwin isn't the "magician" people thought he was and Khan is coming to the end, and boy that's gonna be another major gap for India to fill aswell,

The only saving grace for India is they aren't the only team who's gonna suffer, the Aussies are gonna lose Ponting, Hussey and Haddin soon and still don't have a decent spinner, Sri-lanka have an old batting order aswell, so India won't be the only team falling down the rankings over the next year or so.
I don't know about you but as the Aussie bowling has been improving their batting seems to be getting more confident

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Batting isn't your problem IMHO. There's 1.2 billion people there ffs, you'll find and develop batsmen, they're a dime a dozen. It's the bowling that's the problem really.
Any team can produce batters, hell even Bangladesh have some decent ones, the problem is India have had a great and settled batting order for over a decade now, but all of them are coming to the end of their careers at the same time, so in essence it's not just a matter of replacing one or two but pretty much the whole top six!! :ph34r: .

It doesn't matter how many people you have in your nation any team is gonna suffer with the departures India are about to encounter, and Australia's middle order is gonna get hit hard aswell imo.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I don't know about you but as the Aussie bowling has been improving their batting seems to be getting more confident
Of course when a team has runs on the board it's less pressure to deal with and the batters can approach their innings with some breathing space, but the deficiencies remain imo, as seen with Ponting and Marsh's dismissals today.

smash84

The Tiger King
Any team can produce batters, hell even Bangladesh have some decent ones, the problem is India have had a great and settled batting order for over a decade now, but all of them are coming to the end of their careers at the same time, so in essence it's not just a matter of replacing one or two but pretty much the whole top six!! :ph34r: .

It doesn't matter how many people you have in your nation any team is gonna suffer with the departures India are about to encounter, and Australia's middle order is gonna get hit hard aswell imo.
Hey WW do you think WI cricket will rise any time in the near future to break into the top 5?

Is there any interest in the game?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The only saving grace for India is they aren't the only team who's gonna suffer, the Aussies are gonna lose Ponting, Hussey and Haddin soon and still don't have a decent spinner, Sri-lanka have an old batting order aswell, so India won't be the only team falling down the rankings over the next year or so.
Hmmm..

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Of course when a team has runs on the board it's less pressure to deal with and the batters can approach their innings with some breathing space, but the deficiencies remain imo, as seen with Ponting and Marsh's dismissals today.
Ponting has scored a number of consecutive good scores before today, Watson to come in for Marsh and tbh it makes bugger all difference when you are rolling a team for next to nothing

flibbertyjibber

I agree with this. For all the **** he rightly cops on here, I think he will succeed at test level, pending his mentality proving good enough.
I don't think it will. Makes me smile that Kohli is averaging in the 20's after 7 tests and is being tipped as a test player yet Morgan and Hughes average lots more have test tons behind them and constantly get stick about not being good enough. Just a thought.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Hey WW do you think WI cricket will rise any time in the near future to break into the top 5?

Is there any interest in the game?
Don't want to be accused of "talking about WI again" but needless to say we feel we've got some top class talent coming through in all areas be it batters (look at our 590 knock against India recently and you'll see all bar Samuels were under the age of 27) and bowlers (Roach already there and we have some quicks like Jason Holder, Carlos Brathwaite and Shannon Gabriel to name a few who are making some noise aswell as a talented spinner named Sunil Narine), the Aussie series coming up is gonna be very interesting imo, and i can't wait, i see weaknesses in that line-up and our tracks aren't gonna be so helpful to their pacers so i guess we'll have to wait and see what happens :cool: .

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Ponting has scored a number of consecutive good scores before today, Watson to come in for Marsh and tbh it makes bugger all difference when you are rolling a team for next to nothing
But we all know Ponting was struggling before his recent purple patch, and he's not getting any younger either, your attack has been impressive on tracks conducive to pace but it remains to be seen how they play on dead tracks, i think the lack of a decent spinner could hurt Aus in the long run.

The_roc

U19 Captain
After the current tour, India have 18 months playing on the Indian sub-continent, or away to minows (before back to back tours to SA, NZ and England).

You would of thought that now was the ideal time to get rid of Laxman, Dravid and Tendulkar and bring in some youth. There's no point in letting the oldies flatter to deceive in comfortable home conditions, before blooding the youngsters in conditions they will not be accustomed to.

Personally (and despite their enourmous population) I cannot see India recovering any time soon, while their young batsman are more interested in making money in the IPL.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Seriously, don't think all 3 should retire together even at home. Has to be one by one.

The openers need to be put on watch too now.

Burgey

Yeah, but they're more likely to find serviceable replacements for batsmen than bowlers who are going to be decent away from home I think.

Burgey

But we all know Ponting was struggling before his recent purple patch, and he's not getting any younger either, your attack has been impressive on tracks conducive to pace but it remains to be seen how they play on dead tracks, i think the lack of a decent spinner could hurt Aus in the long run.
They won in SL tbf.