• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What other side do you support?

What other side do you support other than your home side

• Total voters

Corli

U19 Cricketer
I don't really support a Test team apart from South Africa, but I'm always interested in the performances of my favourite individual players. Went with England in the poll, because I like many of their players.

Of the minnows, I like to see any African country do well. I also support Argentina.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
BTW I predict there'll be a hell of a lot of British members voting for Bangladesh due to the more-common-if-not-exclusive-to over here habit of barracking for the sides who've obviously got precious little chance.
Surprisingly not the case, SA now leading by a decent margin - although in fairness there aren't that many S.Africans on this forum who could have voted for other teams

Langeveldt

Soutie
Surprisingly not the case, SA now leading by a decent margin - although in fairness there aren't that many S.Africans on this forum who could have voted for other teams
People are fickle and have short memories, I think it's because we have just beaten the Aussies at their place.. While I have no problem with SA being popular, in fact, it's a good thing, it's funny to see how our reputation as a boring bunch of chokers and blockers (Kallis) once captained by a cheat and a match fixer has changed seemingly overnight :)

Uppercut

People are fickle and have short memories, I think it's because we have just beaten the Aussies at their place.. While I have no problem with SA being popular, in fact, it's a good thing, it's funny to see how our reputation as a boring bunch of chokers and blockers (Kallis) once captained by a cheat and a match fixer has changed seemingly overnight :)
I don't think i ever saw them like that at all. To me they were a top-class one day side, famous for their incredible fielding (Rhodes, Gibbs, now De Villiers) and deep batting lineup. Players like Pollock and Klusener summed them up well- quality all-rounders with styles better suited to the one-day game. The last thing they were was boring.

Now their ODI play has gone to the dogs and in tests they're the team with a top-quality batting lineup and extremely awkward-looking 5-man attack.

Zinzan

People are fickle and have short memories, I think it's because we have just beaten the Aussies at their place..
Fair call that, although in my case I started taking a liking for them about 18 months ago now

While I have no problem with SA being popular, in fact, it's a good thing, it's funny to see how our reputation as a boring bunch of chokers and blockers (Kallis) once captained by a cheat and a match fixer has changed seemingly overnight :)
With regards to the 'choking tag', I'm pretty sure in most people's minds that exclusively applies to World Cups ;)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
it's funny to see how our reputation as a boring bunch of chokers and blockers (Kallis) once captained by a cheat and a match fixer has changed seemingly overnight :)
Nothing has changed in that regard.

They just combine all that stuff with other stuff that people like and get excited by.

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
it would be great if west indies get back to their former glory and now they have motivation to do than ever.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Generally go for the sub-continental teams when watching a neutral game. I have a soft heart for Bangladesh because of their underdog status. India and SL will be next on my list of teams to support.

Redbacks

International Captain
India, but now they are challenging Australia I might have to change that opinion:)

Tendulkar, VVS, Kumble, Dravid love(d) watching them play. Maybe in 5-10 years time people will also look back on Ganguly as being the hard nut who turned them into a solid unit ala Border.

Top_Cat

Generally neutral (i.e. whoever plays the best cricket) but have always had a soft spot for Panic-stan.

Evermind

International Debutant
I actually generally support any oppostion of Australia.
Same here. Australia and Pakistan - even though I like some of their players, like Gilchurch, Lee, Misbah, etc.

People like Clarke, Ponting, Afridi, Akhtar etc ruin the teams for me.

I really do like SA, NZ and SL though.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Haha i swear that wasn't the case for Faaip after the 2005 Ashes.

Probably now just feels sorry for them after 2006 though.
Nah, I've pretty much always liked England. I like their cricket culture in general and a few of their players. I hated them during that series mind you, especially Vaughan and Fletcher, but I supported them against SA beforehand, and since.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ah okay, I just distinctly remembering you supporting Pakistan over England in the series immediately after the Ashes.