• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What other side do you support?

What other side do you support other than your home side

• Total voters

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Windies is my favourite side and I don't relly have a second one besides Essex, but seeing as though only Cook is represented in England from Essex I'd probobly have to pick the Kiwi's just because I like the look of their team and they're in a similar position to the Windies...

Flem274*

123/5
West Indies. Us underdogs need to stick together. Also quite like England and Aussie, but their constant snobbery towards the great NZ puts them down a bit.

TBH I like pretty much all the teams bar Pakistan and Bangladesh, and Pakistan only because of the idiocy of some of their fast bowlers.

I always hate whoever is beating us though. Always.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
West Indies. Us underdogs need to stick together. Also quite like England and Aussie, but their constant snobbery towards the great NZ puts them down a bit.

TBH I like pretty much all the teams bar Pakistan and Bangladesh, and Pakistan only because of the idiocy of some of their fast bowlers.

I always hate whoever is beating us though. Always.
Pfft. Like the way we patronisingly always lose to you in ODIs?

Flem274*

123/5
Pfft. Like the way we patronisingly always lose to you in ODIs?
Its more the commentators than the team that grate.

"Well done, you're such hard workers with no talent to take on a much better team and always beat them, but we're still better than you but you have great spirit"

Then they talk about how Luke Wright is gifted. Sorry, it does get annoying :p.

Ryan Sidebottom though, WAG.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Its more the commentators than the team that grate.

"Well done, you're such hard workers with no talent to take on a much better team and always beat them, but we're still better than you but you have great spirit"

Then they talk about how Luke Wright is gifted. Sorry, it does get annoying :p.

Ryan Sidebottom though, WAG.
Haha Sidebottom is such a good example of a guy who wasn't all that talented and just worked his arse off to get to the top of the world. What a gun.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha Sidebottom is such a good example of a guy who wasn't all that talented and just worked his arse off to get to the top of the world. What a gun.
Dunno about not being talented. Seems to swing the ball more than just about anyone else I've seen sometimes.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Dunno about not being talented. Seems to swing the ball more than just about anyone else I've seen sometimes.
Oh he had talent (as all international cricketers do) but the guy was average when he started out internationally, worked his heart out and became a gun. Some players just seem to live off their natural talent instead of honing it to the extent of Sidebottom.

turnstyle

State 12th Man
If Ireland aren't playing, I always back the Aussies.

I do love seeing whoever is playing to sub continental teams thrash them every time though. I guess that has a bit to do with my disgust over the administrative power India has over the world at the moment.

I suspect the sub continental fans would feel otherwise

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh he had talent (as all international cricketers do) but the guy was average when he started out internationally, worked his heart out and became a gun. Some players just seem to live off their natural talent instead of honing it to the extent of Sidebottom.
He only played one test first time round tbh. And he consistently tore up county cricket in between. Ed Smith referenced him as one of the bowlers most inclined to give a batsman an unplayable one in his 2003 diary.

He's hard-working, but he's bloody talented too. I don't think he gets enough credit for that. A bit like New Zealand sometimes :p

Redbacks

International Captain
Nah, I've pretty much always liked England. I like their cricket culture in general and a few of their players. I hated them during that series mind you, especially Vaughan and Fletcher, but I supported them against SA beforehand, and since.
I've attempted to be neutral when watching England matches but seeing a batsman get out for 30 odd, or after throwing his wicket away on a 50, then raise his bat to the crowd as he walks off is unbearable:wacko:

Precambrian

Banned
I have always favored the underdogs, and guess I will have to shift my allegiances from SA to Aus for the upcoming series.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Sympathy vote for Zimbabawe. I don't understand the hate they get.
Me neither, a bunch of cricketers who cope with a fair bit of adversity and punch a mile above their weight when it comes to performances, they still fight no matter what they get thrown at them.. They don't represent their government, even their cricket board, I just see them as an XI of gutsy African cricketers and wish them all the luck they can get.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Ah okay, I just distinctly remembering you supporting Pakistan over England in the series immediately after the Ashes.
Did I? I honestly have no idea, so I'll take your world for it. :p

I general I don't mind England though, that's it really. KP is a massive **** though.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bangladesh, easily. Generally support most teams except Pakistan, Sri Lanka and the West Indies tbh.