• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to the 2010/11 Ashes

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still think that come the glorious day Saj will get the nod - the combination of the Burnley and Bolton Expresses would guarantee we retain the urn :)

grecian

Still think that come the glorious day Saj will get the nod - the combination of the Burnley and Bolton Expresses would guarantee we retain the urn :)
Is the plan to get the Aussies laughing so much, that they'll forget to play cricket, if so Saj is indeed the man:)

grecian

I'd have about 5 ahead of CK, including one from his own county, but it's reserve WK, which is all a bit meh, to get worked up about.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Might've been, yeah. Kieswetter hadn't qualified then tho, had he? His star his risen (and receded a bit too) since then.
If Marcuss is referring to the tour of Bangladesh, Kieswetter had to have qualified, given that he made his ODI debut...

Jarquis

Well the fact of the matter is that not only is Davies a much better option for the wicket keeping slot. He's one of the best qualified back ups for a top order slot on batting alone.
Kieswetter is averaging less than 20 in FC this season isn't he?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If Marcuss is referring to the tour of Bangladesh, Kieswetter had to have qualified, given that he made his ODI debut...
Ah, was assuming he meant the SA tour, tbh. CBF to check if Davies was in both or either squads.

Anyway, like grecian says, not the most pressing issue, that of reserve keeper. Prior absolutely nailed on.

Jarquis

Ah, was assuming he meant the SA tour, tbh. CBF to check if Davies was in both or either squads.

Anyway, like grecian says, not the most pressing issue, that of reserve keeper. Prior absolutely nailed on.
England Test squad to tour Bangladesh, 2010 - England in UAE and Bangladesh 2010 - England - News - ECB

Meant our last tour tbh :p

But yeah as for the importance, refer to my second post. Davies could bat top 6 for England without much fuss. Kieswetter couldn't. Just because he can keep wicket doesn't mean we should ignore the fact he's been one of the best performers for the last few seasons purely with the willow.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Well the fact of the matter is that not only is Davies a much better option for the wicket keeping slot. He's one of the best qualified back ups for a top order slot on batting alone.
Kieswetter is averaging less than 20 in FC this season isn't he?
Yeah, and Davies is averaging 50. I know it's div 2 but...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Biggest poser is who, if anyone, misses out for Ding Dong when his metatarsal heals IMHO. Currently only really the skipper and Colly looking totally safe. Even St Kevin needs some runs to be completely sure, especially if Eoin kicks on.

If Cook misses out who'll open and if Trott misses out who bats #3?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Roach was good in Australia.
Got smashed. Leaked runs when he bowled badly and didn't take wickets when he bowled well. The moral of the story is that if you're under 25 and bowl a good spell to Ricky Ponting, no one will remember that you finished the series with half a wicket @ 73.

Top_Cat

Got smashed. Leaked runs when he bowled badly and didn't take wickets when he bowled well. The moral of the story is that if you're under 25 and bowl a good spell to Ricky Ponting, no one will remember that you finished the series with half a wicket @ 73.
Michael Holding's first series in Australia, got smashed but everyone saw the potential, etc. Probable truth is that he may not play enough FC cricket and the WI not enough Tests for him to become really good.

Loving Boy Brumby's Are You Being Served gags and their strategic insertion (ooer, missus, etc.)

Pothas

If Plunkers would be fodder, Woakes would be doubly so. Not tall, not quick and relies on the ball nibbling around on a good length. On the harder pitches down under I can't see him prospering. V much an old school English seamer.

Onions is def the kiddy if he's fit, as you say, but if not the 5th seamer will probs be Tiny Tim. Myself, I'd probably take Kirby, as left field as that is. Wrong side of 30, but is tall and still nippy.
An outside bet but Chris Tremlett could be a possibility. Has managed to actually play a few games this season with fairly good results.

Has the height of course and a decent amount of pace, if he manages to play until the end of the season I think he should be considered.

Burgey

Biggest poser is who, if anyone, misses out for Ding Dong when his metatarsal heals IMHO. Currently only really the skipper and Colly looking totally safe. Even St Kevin needs some runs to be completely sure, especially if Eoin kicks on.

If Cook misses out who'll open and if Trott misses out who bats #3?
TBF, every Australian supporter barr none would be rapt to pieces if Pietersen wasn't picked.

Not that I think he won't be, mind.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
An outside bet but Chris Tremlett could be a possibility. Has managed to actually play a few games this season with fairly good results.

Has the height of course and a decent amount of pace, if he manages to play until the end of the season I think he should be considered.
Will they take him and Finn over?

And would customs be prepared to let through two giraffes? :ph34r: