• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Does anyone else think the 1970 goal is overrated? Italy just stand there waiting for them to do something. They might as well have been playing against traffic cones. What it represents about how good that team was and the football they played makes the goal itself seem better than it really is I reckon.

Presume from the lack of Cambiasso that it was made before 2006.
Says on it that it was broadcast June 2002.

1970 goal is a bit overrated, but the shape Carlos Alberto gets in when he connects is pretty iconic even if you completely ignore the build-up.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As we can't watch that clip here, is the Senegal goal in the group stages from 02 there? I thnk (though can't be certain) that Papa Djoufe (or however you spell it) scored it - t'was a terrific end-to-ender with a finish from the outside of the right foot.

grecian

Would of gone for Platt's goal against Belgium, over the Owen one, if I had to put an ingerland goal in. incredible technique, often overlooked because, well it was David Platt.

Oh and the filthy cheats goal should be invalidated, not because of the "hand of god" earlier, but because Terry Fenwick was in the defence.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Platt goal is one that always comes to mind for me when I think of great England WC goals.

Scaly piscine

What grounds are there for banning him?

He handled the ball, the referee missed it. Tough ****.

Suprised Ireland didn't apply to CAF to replace Togo tbh.
Bringing the game into disrepute. They could find a way if they wanted. Just there's no will to do so when it involves a Frenchman being the cheat. If it had been the other way around then they'd have done something.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When England get tipped out, how long will it take their fans and media to blame John Terry for the whole calamity?

Status
Not open for further replies.