• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Certainly not the sort of group I'd hoped for :(

Oh well, we haven't lost against Ghana in our last 2 matches (05 & 08) so I'm confident we could get a win there. Serbia will be a different matter though, not sure if we've ever played them in a full international? u-23's faced off at the Olympics but that's about it. Oh, and Timmeh will put 3 past Germany :cool:

Can't believe Englands group.....

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Piss and moan about our group all you like, if you're ever as good as us then you'll get seeded too :ph34r:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
If ENG where to get to final in a worst case scenario potentially we will have to play Germany (RO 16) - France (QF) - BRA/NED/POR (SF) & potentially Spain in the final.

DAMNNNNNN...not sure if i'm happy we got an easy group anymore. But bring it on. COME ON ENGLAND!!!

Matteh

If ENG where to get to final in a worst case scenario potentially we will have to play Germany (RO 16) - France (QF) - BRA/NED/POR (SF) & potentially Spain in the final.

DAMNNNNNN...not sure if i'm happy we got an easy group anymore. But bring it on. COME ON ENGLAND!!!
How would having a harder group make good teams less likely to appear in the latter stages?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hope the USA actually make a game of it, am slightly concerned that England will be able to get through the group with no real sense of urgency and then come up short when it matters.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
How would having a harder group make good teams less likely to appear in the latter stages?
It wouldn't. Just saying other than getting an easy group i was hoping also, the fixtures would dictate that we dont get a hard team until the QF & not the RO 16.

But no issue. I see Spain have a similar predicament having to face Brazil/Portgual potentially in the RO 16.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Austria didn't make it to the WC...
Of course Germany's reaction to the situation had nothing at all to do with things....

I stand by the joke - posted it at 8 a.m here while setting up the ground for the kids' game this omorning (they won btw) :)

Craig

World Traveller
Pretty good group for the Italians. Can't wait to watch Hamsik play for Slovakia. Will be a mtter of time before he joins a big club in England or Spain.

Matteh

The pass in Bergkamp's goal was unreal.

That Saudi Arabian guy was pretty good as well, I love watching a guy with no pace just rag an entire team.
The first touch is what makes it a cracker. Plucks it from the air, touch back inside leaving the defender in knots and then a cracking finish to boot.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
UK viewers only I believe, some belters here:

BBC Sport - Football - Archive - Top 10 World Cup goals

Not sure about the order (I think Bergkamp's should probably be above Owen's, for example) but there is no doubting the top two
Does anyone else think the 1970 goal is overrated? Italy just stand there waiting for them to do something. They might as well have been playing against traffic cones. What it represents about how good that team was and the football they played makes the goal itself seem better than it really is I reckon.

Presume from the lack of Cambiasso that it was made before 2006.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Love how in the Carlos Alberto goal Pele just pretty much stops once he has passed the ball, just passes it away and makes no effort to follow up, uber confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.