• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Most Glamorous Cricket Of Them All?

Jager

International Debutant
Victor Trumper maybe? Actually, maybe not glamour as such, but he certainly had the same mystical quality that captivated crowds as did some of the players mentioned

Jager

International Debutant
Keith Miller has to take the crown here. There is no other cricketer I can think of that has such an abundance of folklore based around him. Would love to be corrected here though, so I have another player to idolize

smash84

The Tiger King
Keith Miller has to take the crown here. There is no other cricketer I can think of that has such an abundance of folklore based around him. Would love to be corrected here though, so I have another player to idolize
Will always be a fight between Miller and Imran I think for this crown

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lionel Tennyson worth a mention

"Grandson of the poet and himself later to become Lord Tennyson, was among the most distinctive and memorable characters the game has ever seen.

It was often said that he did not behave in the manner expected from a peer of the realm.

On the field, he was a charismatic team captain and hard-hitting batsman. Off the field his appetite for the high life, substantial gambling losses and reentless womanizing would have been a godsend to today's tabloids."

benchmark00 a descendant I believe

smash84

The Tiger King
Lionel Tennyson worth a mention

"Grandson of the poet and himself later to become Lord Tennyson, was among the most distinctive and memorable characters the game has ever seen.

It was often said that he did not behave in the manner expected from a peer of the realm.

On the field, he was a charismatic team captain and hard-hitting batsman. Off the field his appetite for the high life, substantial gambling losses and reentless womanizing would have been a godsend to today's tabloids."

benchmark00 a descendant I believe
really?

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
A lot of the landed gentry was like that Fred. Always gambling away their inheritance and and easy with money because they were loaded. Plus I am sure most of us would be shocked if we looked into the closets of some of the most influential Peerage families.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
He may not have been as glamorous as his more illustrious cousin, but Majid Khan definitely deserves a shout. Elegant, smart, handsome and a true gentleman in cricket. Also he was pretty good with the ladies.