• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Final: France vs NZ

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Think the scoreline'll be closer than in the group stages, but its hard to point to any area of France's game, besides completely random unpredictability, that they've got the edge on NZ.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think the scoreline'll be closer than in the group stages, but its hard to point to any area of France's game, besides completely random unpredictability, that they've got the edge on NZ.
Props. Mas & Poux are awesome scrummagers. Obvz Woodcock and Franks are no slouches, but I'd give the French that one.

I'd probably take Harinordoquy over Read at his peak, but has only turned up against us so far.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Has a worse team ever made a World Cup Final? Serious question by the way..

Considering they lost to Tonga who had lost to Canada and the fact that they battled to beat a 14 man Welsh outfit who would have won if they kicked better.

If France wins, it would have to be one of the biggest upsets in a Final in any world sporting event.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Has a worse team ever made a World Cup Final? Serious question by the way..

Considering they lost to Tonga who had lost to Canada and the fact that they battled to beat a 14 man Welsh outfit who would have won if they kicked better.

If France wins, it would have to be one of the biggest upsets in a Final in any world sporting event.
We weren't flash in 2007, but I'm inclined to agree. Les Bleus have palyed for one half against us and that's it.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One thing going for France is that they should be physically fresher than NZ for the final, not only due to the extra days recovery but given their relatively mediocre physical battle against 14 Welshmen. Thoughts?

flibbertyjibber

France can't win this, then again i thought they couldn't win the quarter or the semi so who knows.

Not only are they the worst team to make a final but they are probably part of the weakest set of semi finalists in a world cup as Australia aren't much cop either. Been a pretty ordinary tournament all round apart from the odd bit of quality from NZ and Wales.

Burgey

Hoping for an NZ win here. They play with flair and are exciting to watch. Be a great lift after Christchurch too, in a rugby-mad country.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
It all takes is someone getting sent off or yellow carded - and it is game on. NZ must take an early lead so that France gives up. Expect the game to be decided in the first 20 minutes.

For France to win they must get early territory and score a penalty or two.

New Zealand must not infringe.

I think NZ would have matched up better against Wales as you know what you are getting.

France are capable of anything.

All this said NZ by 15.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Agree mostly with the comments to date. The only edge I would say France have over us would be in goal-kicking which proved the difference in France getting to the final in the first place.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Well, France were the last side to beat us at Eden Park but I can't see the All Blacks losing from here. Surely that semi got the monkey off their back.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Good call on Cruden some months ago James he has looked the business.
Yes, I think it's safe to say Cruden has clearly over-taken Slade now and hopefully he becomes Carter's full backup when he's back to full fitness and they don't go back to Slade.

I'm picking an 8 point win to the All Blacks. 24-16.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I told them they are a bunch of spoiled brats. Undisciplined, disobedient, sometimes selfish. Always complaining, always whinging.
Marc Lievremont has an odd method of talking his side up ahead of the biggest match of their careers.