• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Final: France vs NZ

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Probably should be more excited but after our performance last week against Australia - the side I thought would be the most likely to defeat us - and then the performance of France so far, it should be a comfortable victory. I guess nothings ever that simple in RWCs for us though. I wouldn't be surprised if the match follows a similar pattern to the Argentina match, in that France front up and threaten to make a game of things before the ABs take control afer 60 minutes and win by 20 or so points. Compared to recent WCs I'm very pleased the ABs have selected the same XV which, in my view, is our strongest line-up - certainly differing to the rotation policy of 2007 and some of the debatable decisions in 2003.
Please find some wood and knock on it after writing this. Lets not tempt fate etc. Even though I have tipped the aBs to win by 18 points in the tipping comp - I think anything could happen with France. They are our Nemesis.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Never been a huge fan of Nisbett, and he seems to be getting worse at actually calling the right players which is kind of fundamental for a commentator. Would've been brilliant if one of the stations had picked up Quinn to call the matches.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Never been a huge fan of Nisbett, and he seems to be getting worse at actually calling the right players which is kind of fundamental for a commentator. Would've been brilliant if one of the stations had picked up Quinn to call the matches.
Good call Somers

I like his analysis of the games - (Nisbett) and knowledge of the rules. But you want some sort of quote that is going to stick with you forever - and maybe Quinn practiced them at home in front of the mirror - but they sounded good.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Somers what Jersey are FRance playing in?
Sky Sport said they're in the away (white) kit; they had the option of tossing a coin to decide which team would wear their traditional kits, but opted not to - after the debacle of 2007 I'm glad that hasn't been a topic of conversation this week.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
We didn't sing it in Maori when I grew up - so here are the words if you are like me and need them

E Ihowa Atua,
O nga iwi matou ra
Ata whakarongona;
Me aroha noa
Kia hua ko te pai;
Kia tau to atawhai;
Manaakitia mai
Aotearoa

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't believe the French reaction to the haka.
Was brilliant. Still like the old Haka tbh.

NZ nervous early here, France playing well.

Edit: re The Haka, I should say it was remarkable to see the French advancing on a confrontation.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yes!

France competed against the throw for some reason and gives up a try - hopefully that will kill off the French spirit.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
That should settle the nerves, fantastic try. In saying that, France started quite impressively.

So pleased it's not raining tonight - that's an element of randomness we can do without.