• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Final: France vs NZ

Mike5181

International Captain
Yes, I think it's safe to say Cruden has clearly over-taken Slade now and hopefully he becomes Carter's full backup when he's back to full fitness and they don't go back to Slade.

I'm picking an 8 point win to the All Blacks. 24-16.
Yeah, he was told he had cancer at the age of 19 and he's now an All Black three years later. That sort of determination/maturity probably puts him in better stead to cope with the sort of pressure involved in a game like this. Collin Slade was even quite flakey against Japan.

I personally think we will win by twenty points against France.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would be nice to actually see a few tries in a final as well as a contest. I doubt we'll get both and either alone may be pushing it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I can't decide what I'd enjoy more tbh. The All Blacks winning the world cup :wub: or the **** storm that would follow if we didn't and choked once more against the French :wub:

Quaggas

State Captain
For a final you want to play the percentage game. Perhaps, if you're NZ, you don't have to bother, though.

Edit: IMO, NZ rugby makes the AT Wi & Oz cricket sides look like amateurs.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
This back line would surely rate as one of the best ever if Carter was in at 10.
Reckon despite Weepu being a very very talented player he still lacks in fitness and discipline so puts him at a lower standard than a few of the other great NZ 9s. Never know where he could be in a few years time though.

Weepu (N)
Carter (Y)
Kahui (?) ...probably not right up there but solid
Nonu (Y)
Smith (A begrudging Y) Solid as heck if sort of unremarkable
Jane (Y)
Dagg (YY) Makes Mils look like a talentless hack.

Doesn't match up to the 97 backline
Marshall
Mehrtens
Lomu
Little
Bunce
Wilson
Cullen

And after Bunce left Umaga came in.

ripper868

International Coach
Sure do!

NZ by a fair margin in this, and this isn't using the patented 'post opposite to what I want to happen thing' either.

The frogs couldn't penetrate :naughty: a 14 man Welsh side minus their best player. They stand little to no chance of breaching the AB line.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
All Blacks to be eating Frog's legs late Sunday evening. Will be pleasantly surprised if there's any real contest tbh.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well the good news for the French is that they haven't used up their one good performance per tournament yet, and they've been known to use it against the All Blacks.

The bad news is they're a bit crap and New Zealand are a bit good.

Flem274*

123/5
Reckon despite Weepu being a very very talented player he still lacks in fitness and discipline so puts him at a lower standard than a few of the other great NZ 9s. Never know where he could be in a few years time though.

Weepu (N)
Carter (Y)
Kahui (?) ...probably not right up there but solid
Nonu (Y)
Smith (A begrudging Y) Solid as heck if sort of unremarkable
Jane (Y)
Dagg (YY) Makes Mils look like a talentless hack.

Doesn't match up to the 97 backline
Marshall
Mehrtens
Lomu
Little
Bunce
Wilson
Cullen

And after Bunce left Umaga came in.
Conrad Smith > everything.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
France only have one weak link and it is Parra at 10. He is playing out of position. And in watching the replay today he seems to take the wrong options.

But Rugby is a 15 man game and one weak link will hurt you.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably should be more excited but after our performance last week against Australia - the side I thought would be the most likely to defeat us - and then the performance of France so far, it should be a comfortable victory. I guess nothings ever that simple in RWCs for us though. I wouldn't be surprised if the match follows a similar pattern to the Argentina match, in that France front up and threaten to make a game of things before the ABs take control afer 60 minutes and win by 20 or so points. Compared to recent WCs I'm very pleased the ABs have selected the same XV which, in my view, is our strongest line-up - certainly differing to the rotation policy of 2007 and some of the debatable decisions in 2003.