• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ten players you are glad you saw in their prime

ma1978

International 12th Man
Tendulkar
De Silva
Donald
Klusener
Akram
Warne
Steyn
Ponting
Pietersen
Kohli

Edit: and Bumrah

Last edited:

Socerer 01

International Captain
Sachin
Lara
Ponting
Warne
Murali
Cummins
Bumrah
Dhoni
Gayle
de Villiers

bonus mention - Steve Smith because watching him bat is a fascinating exercise in itself

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
When I started Viv, Greenidge and Maco were a bit last their absolute best, so...

Lara
Warne
McGrath
Sachin
Steyn
Murali
Ambrose

srbhkshk

International Captain
Sehwag (#1 by some distance)

Ponting
Dhoni (although tbh hated his late career version almost as much as I loved the early career one)
Kohli
Pietersen
Yuvraj
Johnson
Steyn
Dravid
Malinga

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Garry Sobers
Barry Richards
Garry Sobers
Farokh Engineer
Garry Sobers
Frank Hayes
Garry Sobers
Mike Procter
Garry Sobers
John Snow

........ and Garry Sobers, obviously
Surprised to see a name I hadn’t previously heard of. Was it his 34 off a Malcolm Nash over?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
@Pothas and I were at Lords to see McGrath on the first day of the Ashes in 2005. One of the very best at close to his absolute best. It was quite something.
Such a great day.

That along with being at the day England bowled out West Indies for 54 in 2000 will probably always be my most memorable days at cricket.

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
1. Viv Richards
2. Greg Chappell
3. Dennis Lillee
4. Ian Botham
5. Richard Hadlee
6. Ricky Ponting
7. Shane Warne
8. Adam Gilchrist
9. Curtly Ambrose
10. Allan Border

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You would have seen Hadlee in his pomp Burgs, but patently weren't glad to.
Yeah, great player. Only had ten I could list though. DK was a must for me (and most people who saw him), so I didn’t want to also include Aldi DK.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Retired players:

Sachin Tendulkar
Inzamam Ul Haq
Glenn Mcgrath
Wasim Akram
Shane Warne
Muralitharan
Rahul Dravid
Curtly Ambrose
Brian Lara
Adam Gilchrist

Of the players still playing:
Jadeja
Ashwin
Kohli
Steve Smith
Pat cummins
Bumrah
Anderson
Pujara (I know he’s not in the picture anymore but still playing FC so counting him as active player)
Rabada
Root