• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Richards v Tendulkar - ODIs

Who is the best ODI batsman of all time?

• Total voters

Maximus0723

State Regular
Sweeping unfounded speculation, show me your data that demonstrates any of those claims are influential to the poll result in any-way whosoever. I've provided you with data objectively showing a very clear pattern & if you still can't see that, I'm unable to help any further
:
lol, just check the tally for English voters.

I am not saying that we aren't biased but just saying that they go both ways.
Even if it cancels out to some extent, the rest of the result will have low significance.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I would also discount Ikki and Sir Alex's votes. They are clearly biased.
Streetwise too..Social seems too have voted too now.
Love also how those whose support is not clear and voted in favour of Richards is not Indian,but those who voted for tendulkar are considered indian.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Anil - India
Athlai - NZ
Edged&Taken - ?England?
Fusion -Pakistan
grecian - England
Himannv - ?Pakistan?
Ikki - Aust
jaideep - ?Pakistan?
jondavluc - Aust
kingcool1432 - ? (never posted)
L Trumper - ?
marc71178 - England
Maximus0723 - India
morgieb - Aust
Noble One - Aust
Pratters - India
Sanz - India
Shaggy Alfresco- England
sledger - England
Streetwise - Aust i
Swervy - England/Aust
The_Bunny - Aust
Uppercut - Ireland/Eng
zaremba - Eng
zinzan12 - NZ

Secondly those who voted for Tendulkar

AaronK - Pakistan
asty80 - ?
bagapath- India
Cevno - ?
cheeky_vinu - ?
Cruxdude - India
Dasa - ?
DingDong - NZ
duffer - India
Faisal1985, - Pakistan
freaknasty - India
G.I.Joe - India
havocas - India
honestbharani - India
JBH001 - NZ
Manee - Pakistan?
metallics2006 - India
Migara - SL
pasag - Aust
punter2002 - Aust ?
silentstriker - India
Sir Alex - India
SJS - India
stephen- Australia
Turbinator India
All in the bold could be wrong.

And how have u determined jaideep is pakistani?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Ponting stepped up and dominated in the 2003 final. Tendulkar failed.

Its stories like the 2003 final that make people question Tendulkar's greatness.
Tendulkar was man of the series for the tournament.

Richards failed too in the 1983 final.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Zinzan almost upto the North pole with his skills with the spade this time.

I voted for Tendulkar here solely because of some of the superficial arguments brought out here. But nah, I'm a biased Indian and my vote shouldn't count.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Zinzan almost upto the North pole with his digging effort this time.

I voted for Tendulkar here solely because of some of the superficial arguments brought out here. But nah, I'm a biased Indian and my vote shouldn't count.
It's a dupe! Ban him!

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Zinzan almost upto the North pole with his skills with the spade this time.

Bravo....magnificent misinterpretation, then again some people just can't grasp obvious patterns, just one of those things I suppose.

Did kind of enjoy the crack about the North Pole though, least the humors good :)

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
But nah, I'm a biased Indian and my vote shouldn't count.
Obviously :p

I think it's pretty clear what zinzan is getting at and there is no need to misinterpret it. It's not the best kept secret that Sachin is a handful of centuries away from getting on equal foot with Gandhi and the sensivity towards this bias is telling really.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Bravo....magnificent misinterpretation, then again some people just can't grasp obvious patterns, just one of those things I suppose.

Did kind of enjoy the crack about the North Pole though, least the humors good :)
Are we a the point yet where we're so at each others' throats that we kiss passionately and make out? :ph34r:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I doubt that a single voter in this particular poll will have been in any way motivated by "spite, grudge or hate" given that the 2 players involved are two of the most popular men to have played the game. Sachin in particular is one of the least-hated players you could imagine.
This is hypocrisy at best.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Obviously :p

I think it's pretty clear what zinzan is getting at and there is no need to misinterpret it. It's not the best kept secret that Sachin is a handful of centuries away from getting on equal foot with Gandhi and the sensivity towards this bias is telling really.
Ikki can never be accused of having a bias toward Australia.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Little late to this thread, but Richards, Tendulkar and Bevan are clearly the three best ODI batsmen of all time and I find them incredibly difficult to separate because they were such such different players. Richards and Tendulkar were both destructive top order batsmen but played in different eras in versions of ODI cricket that are barely comparable, especially in terms of early overs batting.

Richards' statistical record compared to his contemporaries is more compelling so that's where my vote went, but I can also see the argument for Tendulkar based on the sheer weight of runs and consistency over a long period.

Bevan does warrant comparison with these two IMO but I think it's pretty hard to argue that he was better or worse because he played a completely different role. It's like comparing Lara and Ambrose or whatever. However you look at it, I'm sure all three of them would be in everyone's ODI XI.