• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Richards v Tendulkar - ODIs

Who is the best ODI batsman of all time?

• Total voters

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Cervo, merely making the sweeping statement that "Many Indian supporters have voted the other way" doesn't prove anything, I'm interested in specifics

?
As per my limited knowledge-

1)Anil
2)Edged&Taken ?
3)Himannv(not sure)
4)jaideep
5)Maximus0723
6)Pratters
7)Sanz
8)Uppercut

There are some who are pretty unclear.

I'd like to ask some non-Indian posters if its really that stupid, idiotic & unreasonable; of me to ask such a question when the poll involves the most loved Indian player of all time
SANZ voted for Richards and found it Idiotic.If voting for Richards matters that much.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes, I think there are more English and Australian posters in CW as per my experience than Indian posters. However I haven't seen anyone moaning "where is the neutral view" whenever an Australian player is pitted against a non Australian guy.
On the contrary, if there was a poll of who's the best bowler between say Hadlee & Lillee, then I'd be more interested in who the non NZ & non Aust posters voted for.

And asking the question is moaning how exactly?

ZinZan21, there are Indian guys who have voted for Richards in this poll, so your allegation of a massive Indian conspriacy at work is plain toad turd mate.
Ok, this is getting laughable now. You're now saying I'm implying a conspriacy because I asked what the result of Non Indian & non West indiian supporters were.

Sir Alex

Banned
On the contrary, if there was a poll of who's the best bowler between say Hadlee & Lillee, then I'd be more interested in who the non NZ & non Aust posters voted for.

And asking the question is moaning how exactly?

Ok, this is getting laughable now. You're now saying I'm implying a conspriacy because I asked what the result of Non Indian & non West indiian supporters were.
No I just find it amusing that apparently in your 5 years of CW experience, you haven't raised that question earlier. I apologise wholeheartedly if you have already done so, provided you show me that you've.

Zinzan

No I just find it amusing that apparently in your 5 years of CW experience, you haven't raised that question earlier. I apologise wholeheartedly if you have already done so, provided you show me that you've.
Not 100%, but pretty sure I have tbh, but can't be arsed wading through close to 5000 posts to prove it to you.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Like you are never influenced by nationalistic Bias toward NZ players.

There are many Indians who have voted for Richards in this poll. It is ridiculously stupid to accuse Indian members of having a Patriotic bias for voting against Richards.

Zinzan

There are a few.
Equal to the Indian "Fanboy's" i would say ,probably more.Certainly not less.
Besides i do
That's funny dude....let's just clarify this then shall we .....

I ask a perfectly valid question whether anyone could let me know the way non-Indian/non West Indian fans voted in the Tendulkar vs.Richards thread & some go as far as calling that a conspiracy & you yourself call it idiotic. However it's then perfect reasonable for you to make a sweeping statement (not actually asking a question at all) that many posters go out of their way to vote against Indian players. Enough said ...

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year

There are many Indians who have voted for Richards in this poll. It is ridiculously stupid to accuse Indian members of having a Patriotic bias for voting against Richards.
We all have biases. And very many people have patriotic biases. Frankly it's not something to get your knickers in a twist about.

Zinzan

Sanz...Of course I'm influenced by nationalistic Bias ..pretty sure of us are & that's precisely why I was interested in the neutral perspective on this one.

Dude, I'm the guy that still reckons Martin Crowe is the most elegant batsman I've ever seen to this day. Do I acknowledge that may have something to do with the fact I'm a NZ'der ...of course I do.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
That's funny dude....let's just clarify this then shall we .....

I ask a perfectly valid question whether anyone could let me know the way non-Indian/non West Indian fans voted in the Tendulkar vs.Richards thread & some go as far as calling that a conspiracy & you yourself call it idiotic. However it's then perfect reasonable for you to make a sweeping statement (not actually asking a question at all) that many posters go out of their way to vote against Indian players. Enough said ...
Stupidity sometimes has to be responded with the same.Though i am not like u claiming that removing them will provide a neutral view or something.And i am not claiming like u there are zillions of them.

But in this case u still have not got the point.U came into here saying that there were indian biased "Fanboys" here and seeing how they would have voted or not and the west indies supporters would resolve this.
This is what i called stupid.You also claimed unrealistically there were 20 zillion of them here.

This is a poll for all members and not a indicator of neutral view even if u remove the west indies supporters(the few,if any) and the Indians/Indian supporters.My point was exactly that.

Btw,u were responding to these 2 posts-

Love the poll result at the moment. An even 21.

21-21 to Richards and Tendulkar in the poll.
And u said that these were making presumptions based on the poll,which is more stupid.
All those posts are implying is that it is currently 21-21 in the poll and the respective posters are liking it(in one case) .Who is implying that this should be cast in stone?

If u had asked a question without making presumptions it perhasp could have been answered and in reply to a valid post and in valid context ,perhaps it would have elicited a better response.
But failing all of those that post was "Stupid".Since then i have also provided u with list of Indians voting for richards debunking your presumptions and your zillion fanboys concept.

Maximus0723

State Regular
Can we also take into accounts people, who vote due to spite, grudge, and/or hate? or anything else except cricket related reason. We know they exist.

And, I am Indian supporter, Sachin is my favorite player, and I voted for Richards.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Can we also take into accounts people, who vote due to spite, grudge, and/or hate? or anything else except cricket related reason. We know they exist.

And, I am Indian supporter, Sachin is my favorite player, and I voted for Richards.
yes,they do.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year

I doubt that a single voter in this particular poll will have been in any way motivated by "spite, grudge or hate" given that the 2 players involved are two of the most popular men to have played the game. Sachin in particular is one of the least-hated players you could imagine.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Context for what? If you want what people on the forum think - than this poll will provide it. If you want what cricketing fans in general think, then this forum is not a representative sample. If you want what cricket historians/journos think, then this still isn't a representative forum.
This and more..

Maximus0723

State Regular
I doubt that a single voter in this particular poll will have been in any way motivated by "spite, grudge or hate" given that the 2 players involved are two of the most popular men to have played the game. Sachin in particular is one of the least-hated players you could imagine.
It doesn't have to be the exact player you know.
Hatting Indians(i.e. some Pakis, SL) or hatting posters (Sir Alex(I am posting your name b/c you are highly debated, nothing else man)).

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Seriously? What is it with this thread?
What is it with the need to argue which of two all-time greats is the better, when they've played two different roles, in different games, in different eras. It's like asking who was better out of Warne and McGrath - the word "better" just doesn't cut it as a comparison because they are not like-for-like... and any attempts to do so will just result in the **** waggling we're exposed to here...

FWIW, Neil Fairbrother was better than either.

Zinzan

Stupidity sometimes has to be responded with the same.
Rubbish ....once again, asking for clarification isn't stupidity

Your comment about neutrals going out of their way to vote against Indian was stupid, so don't try & paint us with the same brush in this respect.

Though i am not like u claiming that removing them will provide a neutral view or something..
Of course removing all West Indian & all Indian supporters will provide a more neutral result....is that really that difficult for you to grasp..?

Here one definition of the word NEUTRAL that may help you understand ... Not aligned with, supporting, or favoring either side in a war, dispute, or contest.

I've already said that if the poll was between Hadlee & Lillee, I'd naturally accept it likely that a higher proportion of Aussies would vote Lillee & vice versa. This doesn't mean every Australian would necessarily vote Lillee. But certainly I'd pay more attention to the neutral vote.

And i am not claiming like u there are zillions of them.
Obviously "zillions" is an exaggeration, with my point being that ratio between Indian fans & West Indian fans on this forum is hardly 50/50 is it?

But in this case u still have not got the point.U came into here saying that there were indian biased "Fanboys" here and seeing how they would have voted or not and the west indies supporters would resolve this.
Show me where I've used the term Indian "Fanboys" even ONCE ever??

Mis-quoting really doesn't do your argument any favours my friend ...learn that !!

And u said that these were making presumptions based on the poll,which is more stupid.
All those posts are implying is that it is currently 21-21 in the poll and the respective posters are liking it(in one case) .Who is implying that this should be cast in stone?

If u had asked a question without making presumptions it perhasp could have been answered and in reply to a valid post and in valid context ,perhaps it would have elicited a better response.
But failing all of those that post was "Stupid".Since then i have also provided u with list of Indians voting for richards debunking your presumptions and your zillion fanboys concept.

Again totally unfounded dribble, any Fair-minded poster will see I merely questioned the 21-21 result as 'irrelevant' unless one actually looks where the voters come from.

Rather than arguing about, perhaps I should just start another Sachin vs Richards vote for neutrals only, that way I'd get the answer I wanted & might be able to avoid being labled a conspiracy theorist & idiotic :cool: