• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Zimbabwe in West Indies, 2013

Nigel Benjamin

U19 12th Man
Sibanda
Mawoyo
Masakadza
Ervine
Taylor(c/wk)
Waller
Williams
Cremer
Price
Jarvis
Chatara/Mpofu

Hope Zimbabwe pick this team, probably won't win or draw but should push the game to the last day.

stumpski

International Captain
You got your wish with Williams. Utseya playing in place of Price though. Slight surprise to see Cremer get another go.

Gabriel has pegged them back with two in two overs after a half decent start.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You got your wish with Williams. Utseya playing in place of Price though. Slight surprise to see Cremer get another go.

Gabriel has pegged them back with two in two overs after a half decent start.
I like Gabriel, he's one you hope can stay fit, he really is reminiscent of a proper Windies fast-bowler.

stumpski

International Captain
They were half an hour late starting, and it looks as if lunch has been put back as well. Makes sense of course, especially if they're making up the time at the end of the day, but I don't remember seeing that before. Wouldn't happen in England, they don't like to mess with the caterers.

stumpski

International Captain
Samuels has a golden arm these days doesn't he? 3 for 10 with the dismissal of Williams. Yet he was averaging something like 70 with the ball going into the series.

Chubb

International Regular
More inept play against spin. Given the amount of spinners in the Logan Cup there is no real excuse. Yeah, Shillingford is better than the spin they face at home, but they still should have done better. Zimbabwe have produced good players of spin in the past. Clearly there is work to do.

I think we can take heart from Jarvis' performances.

stumpski

International Captain
Starting to look like another three day Test - 12 wickets down with more than 15 overs left tonight. Darren Bravo has been disappointing for a while now.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Was surprised to see that Williams hadn't played Test Cricket yet.
He quits Zimbabwe Cricket and runs off South Africa pretty regularly; the moons of his availability and Zimbabwe actually playing a Test hadn't ever quite lined up before now.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Saw Shillingford bowl a lot more last night and I'm sorry but that action should not be allowed

IIRC, the 15 degree rule was brought in because any flexion below that amount is invisible to the naked eye

Well, it's visible with him so that tells me one thing

stumpski

International Captain
100 for Gayle - four 6s but still quite a restrained effort. Hopefully he'll still be batting when Sky coverage resumes in an hour's time.

OK I'll shut up now.

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Saw Shillingford bowl a lot more last night and I'm sorry but that action should not be allowed

IIRC, the 15 degree rule was brought in because any flexion below that amount is invisible to the naked eye

I agree, particularly his doosra, there is an obvious kink. This always happens, he gets picked at international level, gets wickets and then gets called. He then goes to Australia, gets remedial action etc, passes all the tests. Then as soon as he bowls at the highest level again his action deteriorates.

Mind you, he is not the most obvious pelter in this match. That honour goes to Prosper Utseya whose action is among the worst I have seen. If he was any good he would have been called by now.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
I wonder if Zimbabwe learnt anything from the 2nd innings of the first test. I doubt it but hope they can find some fight. The top four really need to step up here instead of crumbling

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year

I admire people who have still kept it up against chuckers. I've never been too emotively concerned with it, but if I was, I certainly would have lost the will by now after watching the likes of Shillingford (and others) bowl. Of course, maybe all naked eye judgements are wrong and no one is really breaking the rules but the evidence (how far over the limit Samuels was, Ajmal noting in interview that he has been given special dispensation) seems to point otherwise.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
IIRC, wasn't Ajmal's "dispensation" a misunderstanding though. His elbow starts from quite an angle but it doesn't flex that much really?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
IIRC, wasn't Ajmal's "dispensation" a misunderstanding though. His elbow starts from quite an angle but it doesn't flex that much really?
Yes. Common consensus was that it was a misunderstanding. It is always little inconclusive pieces of evidence that point to their being more chuckers in world cricket than are convicted. The broader point I was making though is that it is hard to be more than apathetic at this point if you do believe that.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Out of interest, why is Nikita Miller not more strongly considered for Test selection? I know he's played one Test but he has 236 FC wickets at 15.96, which is pretty special.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Out of interest, why is Nikita Miller not more strongly considered for Test selection? I know he's played one Test but he has 236 FC wickets at 15.96, which is pretty special.
At international level before he's merely been a containing bowler, no tricks, no big spin, just someone who can dry up the runs, but somehow at regional level he turns into Hereth and starts taking wickets galor!! :laugh: , in truth for the last five years or so the spinners have ruled the roost in the caribbean, it's only now that more and more young pacers are stepping up and getting amoungst the wickets aswell.

And to be fair his record is good but Narine has taken 41 wickets in his last four Fc matches!! :ph34r: , the only difference is Narine's domestic games are often cut short by playing for WI or the IPL, if he played the last four seasons straight he'd be miles ahead of Miller imo,

He's only 30 though and maybe a stint in the A-team could be in order to see what he can do, if Bruce Martin can step up then why not Nikita? :D

In closing just to add that another reason why he might not get a chance in the test side is because he has a well documented beef with Marlon Samuels, so bringing him in might not be the best thing for the dressing room right now.

Last edited: