• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** West Indies in South Africa 2014/15

BeeGee

International Captain
Right now my team would probably be

Brathwaite
Smith
Fudadin
Samuels
Chanderpaul
Blackwood
Ramdin wk (c)
Taylor
Benn
Roach
Cotterrell
I'd go with Holder over Cottrell, but I don't really know much about Cottrell.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm a complete Marlon fanboy so I hope he does well here. Amazing to watch when he gets going.

Btw, No Bishoo in the squad?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I'm a complete Marlon fanboy so I hope he does well here. Amazing to watch when he gets going.

Btw, No Bishoo in the squad?
Bishy still has a tendency to bowl four good balls followed by a longhop. He's currently doing ok for Guyana but really he's been outdone by his partner in crime (Permaul). If he wants to get back he'll have to dominate the domestic scene again.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I'd go with Holder over Cottrell, but I don't really know much about Cottrell.
Yeah Jason's height and bounce could do well here but when you look at the issues SA have had against lefties in the past i think Cotterrell will get the nod. When Sheldon is in the mood he can be a real force of nature so it will be interesting to see how he goes if picked...in his one test he played on road in India having just come back from injury, so this should be a new start for him now, no excuses.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Tbf that match resulted in Boucher's retirement which meant Safrica ended up playing what you could argue was a better side..

That said I can't see the Windies winning a match in the test series, the gulf between the two sides is just too great.

OverratedSanity

Tbf that match resulted in Boucher's retirement which meant Safrica ended up playing what you could argue was a better side..

That said I can't see the Windies winning a match in the test series, the gulf between the two sides is just too great.
You can just never be sure with South Africa at home though.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
He looked both inexperienced at international level and inaccurate when I saw him the first time around. I could imagine him beasting it against fc players or tail Enders though. Would also prefer the far more cerebral Holder.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Whats going on With D. Bravo?

Samuels just never gives up does he. Goes through these huge droughts, gets dropped, written off and somehow comes Back and slaughters attacks

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I guess its possible Roach and Taylor could have some amazing spells...dont see them winning by scoreboard pressure though.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Whats going on With D. Bravo?

Samuels just never gives up does he. Goes through these huge droughts, gets dropped, written off and somehow comes Back and slaughters attacks
They say he's going through "personal issues"...some say it could be a "Trott" type of thing while others say Darren is getting married. The last we heard from him where cricket is concerned was in an open letter saying "he was missing the first two pcl games" after the trinidad board claimed he wasn't returning their calls or turning up for training.

He's missed four games now!!...the next round starts in February so hopefully he'll be playing then...especially as he's been named in the 30-man squad for the world cup.

The other worry is Kieran Powell who hasn't been seen on the field for the last six months...rumours are he was threatened by someone and the cricket authorities didn't deal with it the way he would have liked while others claim he's just mentally "burnt out".

Just hope to see them get back on track at the start of the pcl second round in two months time.

Last edited:

Burgey

Moonda on Cricinfo in her pre-sqaud selection article had Behardien down as a possible pick for the Test squad.

The mind boggles. She must be the only professional cricket writer who knows nothing about the game.
Dorries, Conn, Craddock, anything in an Indian paper are all terrible.

OverratedSanity

They say he's going through "personal issues"...some say it could be a "Trott" type of thing while others say Darren is getting married. The last we heard from him where cricket is concerned was in an open letter saying "he was missing the first two pcl games" after the trinidad board claimed he wasn't returning their calls or turning up for training.
What the?!! He's the best batting prospect in your country in ages and this is what's happening?

Without Bravo, it could get really ugly if Samuels doesn't deliver one of his out of the blue awesome series. Chanders can't do it all by himself every time ffs.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

He's missed four games now!!...the next round starts in February so hopefully he'll be playing then...especially as he's been named in the 30-man squad for the world cup.

The other worry is Kieran Powell who hasn't been seen on the field for the last six months...rumours are he was threatened by someone and the cricket authorities didn't deal with it the way he would have liked while others claim he's just mentally "burnt out".

Just hope to see them get back on track at the start of the pcl second round in two months time.
Pretty vague information to be honest, pretty worrying especially in the case of Powell when he hasn't played for so long and there's no definitive reason. Hope there's a development or two on that front soon.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
How the **** are both the Petersons in the test squad. Alviro's done and dusted and has not performed for an eternity, can't see why they can't blood Van Zyl as an opener against the minnows.

cnerd123

likes this
Maybe they want to play Alviro back into form against the minnows?

Now that this thread has been renamed; why not merge them both?

dogwalker

U19 Captain
How the **** are both the Petersons in the test squad. Alviro's done and dusted and has not performed for an eternity, can't see why they can't blood Van Zyl as an opener against the minnows.
Exactly. van Zyl should have been eased in at the top of the order against an attack the equivalent of Wynberg U12s and Harmer debuted against a batting line-up about as potent as Rondebosch U9s.

Down with all forms of Pe(i)terse(o)ns, I say.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
The WI bowling attack isn't all that bad really, Taylor and Roach is pretty decent if you ask me, batting looks weak as piss though tbf