• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** West Indies in South Africa 2014/15

dogwalker

U19 Captain
It's amazing how important Duminy has become to this team, across all formats. If he was fit they could play 4 fast bowlers at Centurion.

test cricketer

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Looking forward to watching stiaan van zyle a classical elegant left hander with an awesome cover drive and he(stiaan) has probably been the best domestic batsmen over the last couple of seasons also hoping rilee rossouw gets a chance soon jacques rudolph called him the most talented batsmen domesticaly also hoping kagiso rabada gets a chance in the t20s everyone knows about his bowling talents but he can also hold a bat maybe in the future he could develope to be an allrounder and give the test team balance theres actaully another player dwaine pretorius from the lions whos a good hard hitting allrounder with a good record in fc but he's bowling speed is a bit meh

jan

State Vice-Captain
Have beaten WI 3:0 in Cricket Captain. Prediction for real life cricket positive then :D

WindieWeathers

International Regular
This is not acceptable I am sorry as a reason or explanation. Have the head of selectors go over to his frickin house and do whatever it takes to make him happy. And I mean whatever it takes.

Taking a "well we don't know what is going on with him I guess we will see him when we see him approach sounds like Calypso thinking from the 1940s. This is the year 2014.

If he truly is depressed then I don't know what to say I thought the handling of the sammy pelting the ball at him was third world level.
"Third world" sounds a little ott but i guess we don't do ourselves any favours. Darren is an emotional lad from what people say and sometimes stuff outside of cricket gets the best of him. With him being one of our top stars nobody wants to rock the boat. He'll get a pass this time as it's not like he didn't travel to the India tour...and needless to say we fully expect to see him at the world cup and against England and Aus at home next year. He can't be happy sitting at home while his rivals like Kohli and Williamson score runs.

Anyway here is the latest on TWO of our major players who are missing the SA tour...

Darren Bravo, Narine named in TT Super50 training squad

WEST INDIES batsman Darren Bravo joined the Trinidad and Tobago Red Force training camp yesterday as the team started its preparations for the 2015 Nagico Super50 which takes place in T&T from January 15-25.
Bravo, along with fast-bowler Ravi Rampaul, off-spinner Sunil Narine, leg-spinner Samuel Badree and all-rounder Kevon Cooper were all named in a 33-member Red Force training squad which was released yesterday.
The players had their first training session at the National Cricket Centre in Balmain, Couva, yesterday and will have another session today before they play their first 50-over practice match tomorrow at Gilbert Park, California…

T&T Red Force’s training squad: Evin Lewis, Jason Mohammed, Lendl Simmons, Marlon Richards, Nicholas Pooran, Rayad Emrit, Shannon Gabriel, Yannick Ottley, Jeremy Solozano, Yannic Cariah, Steven Katwaroo, Akeal Hosein, Imran Khan, Bryan Charles, Justin Guillen, Mark Deyal, Marlon Barclay, Kjorn Ottley, Darren Bravo, Adrian Ali, Kevon Cooper, Derone Davis, Ravi Rampaul, Navin Stewart, Ricky Jaipaul, Kavesh Kantasingh, Daron Cruickshank, Sunil Narine, Ancil Bhagan, Jahron Alfred, Nicholas Sookdeosingh, Sherwin Ganga, Samuel Badree.
Link

So Darren and Sunny are at least back on the training pitch. Hopefully they'll play the whole of the one day competition before joining the guys ahead of the world cup.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Anyway it looks like Cotterrell will indeed be getting the nod. It's gonna be a massive opportunity to finally prove he can cut it at international level. The saffies won't have seen him before and that element, coupled with their recent struggles against lefties, makes it an intriguing selection.

Yes our batting will come under series pressure and may get rolled over a couple of times but if our attack is on form i think they can keep us in the contest. The frustration for me and many fans is we haven't be able to pick our best side for years tbh...During the Sammy era he was always unbalancing the team. Roach and Taylor have been injured a lot and then we had the silly Narine ban. Now Darren and Gayle are out etc...

Where the batting is concerned i'm eager to see how Kraigg copes because over the last two years he's been immense...but as we all know fast tracks can really expose a batters technique. If he comes through the tour and does well then he really will be the next Shiv for us imo. Meanwhile Blackwood has the chance to really let loose and prove that this years form hasn't just been a purple patch.

Needless to say though i think our attack are the ones who are gonna have to keep us in the race....

ImpatientLime

International Regular
will we ever get to see this?

gayle
brathwaite
powell
bravo
chanderpaul
blackwood
ramdin
holder
taylor
narine
roach

dogwalker

U19 Captain
It's probably going to rain every day of this Test; Pollock and Wessels both reckon Abbott should play ahead of Peterson.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Had a few injuries. Is bowling well over the last few months but there hasn't been many FC games to go off.
Shame. That guy looks like Terminator (haven't seen much of him tbh). What I've heard of him makes me want to watch him bowl with Steyn and Morne and form an all-formidable attack.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Forgive my ignorance but I was of the opinion that Quinton De Kock is the most promising young batsman on the SA scene? It's somewhat unfortunate for him that a top order place is out of the question.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Forgive my ignorance but I was of the opinion that Quinton De Kock is the most promising young batsman on the SA scene? It's somewhat unfortunate for him that a top order place is out of the question.
Always tough for a keeper to bat up the order in a test.

As an aside, mates of mine from the Republic rate Rilee Rossouw as the most promising SA bat.

Flem274*

123/5
I can't lose tonight. If I miss out on the box office smash hit of the summer called Steyn, Philander and Morkel bowling first then I get to watch the blockbuster in production of Roach, Taylor and hopefully Holder.

anil1405

International Captain
I can't lose tonight. If I miss out on the box office smash hit of the summer called Steyn, Philander and Morkel bowling first then I get to watch the blockbuster in production of Roach, Taylor and hopefully Holder.
The rain gods have a different opinion.