• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** West Indies in South Africa 2014/15

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Pretty vague information to be honest, pretty worrying especially in the case of Powell when he hasn't played for so long and there's no definitive reason. Hope there's a development or two on that front soon.
It is worrying!!..with Darren he also left the NZ tour last year early over "personal reasons"..he's not saying what the issues are though. With Kieran it's like he's the invisible man...just haven't seen the lad for six months...no words no nothing.

Anyway mods are you gonna sticky this please? that other thread is merely a joke and disrespectful to boot.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Going to take something incredibly special from the Windies to even put up a fight, especially on the batting front. Apparently WI have a 1/45 win/loss record in overseas tests since Ambrose and Walsh retired, not counting Bang/Zim. That's minnow-like tbh... just abysmal.

OverratedSanity

Of course they're not. But their overseas record reads like one.

If they can just get Bravo on the pitch, fix up Roach so he doesnt get injured every few months and Marlon decides to give a damn, they'll be a very good team.

BeeGee

International Captain
Of course they're not. But their overseas record reads like one.

If they can just get Bravo on the pitch, fix up Roach so he doesnt get injured every few months and Marlon decides to give a damn, they'll be a very good team.
Ramdin is quality, Chanderpaul is an ATG, Brathwaite and Holder will both be stars. They have the talent, they just need to get their heads sorted out and perform as a team.

test cricketer

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Looking forward to this tour wanna see how roach goes hopefully on pitches with something in it for the bowler also holder looks like an interesting prospect as an allrounder has to work on his batting though (i think he scored a fifty against nz so theres some batting potential there and hes young so his batting can improve look at vettori from number 11 to 6 centuries and 3000 runs)

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I think our bowling attack these days can cause anyone problems, especially if there is some assistance in the pitch. It's definitely our best bowling attack for years and I expect them to bowl SA out reasonably cheaply at least once.

The big issue is that they will roll our batting lineup pretty much everytime. We have no depth to our batting, Gayle and Bravo are two big losses leaving Marlon and Devon Smith (last chance), Leon Johnson (unproven), Asad Fudadin (not good enough) and Jermaine Blackwood (supremely talented but going through a bad run) to take up the challenge against a class fast bowling attack.

The only positive is that any of the batsmen who come through this test wil have well and truly shown their mettle. It might be messy viewing but I'm looking forward to it.

morgieb

Going to take something incredibly special from the Windies to even put up a fight, especially on the batting front. Apparently WI have a 1/45 win/loss record in overseas tests since Ambrose and Walsh retired, not counting Bang/Zim. That's minnow-like tbh... just abysmal.
Interestingly the side they beat away from home is the side they're playing now.

And also they were utter **** away from home for a couple of years before Ambrose/Walsh retired.

Flem274*

123/5
West Indies aren't minnows imo. They're not good but they're not Bangladesh inept overseas. Who remembers Bangladesh attempting to bat and bowl in South Africa, England, NZ, Australia etc? Yeah.

Roach and Taylor are guns but the problem is the batting, especially once Chanders goes. Still, what's noticeable is the team fades once you resist them for a session or two. It's the same trend apparent with India over the past 12 months or so. When they're on top and stay on top they look superb but as soon as someone stands up to them...
Chanders can't do it all by himself every time ffs.
People keep saying this, but then he does.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
They say he's going through "personal issues"...some say it could be a "Trott" type of thing while others say Darren is getting married. The last we heard from him where cricket is concerned was in an open letter saying "he was missing the first two pcl games" after the trinidad board claimed he wasn't returning their calls or turning up for training.

He's missed four games now!!...the next round starts in February so hopefully he'll be playing then...especially as he's been named in the 30-man squad for the world cup.

This is not acceptable I am sorry as a reason or explanation. Have the head of selectors go over to his frickin house and do whatever it takes to make him happy. And I mean whatever it takes.

Taking a "well we don't know what is going on with him I guess we will see him when we see him approach sounds like Calypso thinking from the 1940s. This is the year 2014.

If he truly is depressed then I don't know what to say I thought the handling of the sammy pelting the ball at him was third world level.

Beamer

If he truly is depressed then I don't know what to say I thought the handling of the sammy pelting the ball at him was third world level.
That's the WICB for you. I don't think they've ever produced anything that isn't third world level. All I do know is that we're missing out on the services of one of the best young batsmen in the World and aslo one of the most attractive to watch and that he has been replaced by Asad 'snore inducing' Fudadin. Heaven help us :(

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Yeah Darren Bravo when in form is a huge asset for the Windies.

Other than that not much to say really. The Windies team that played NZ in July were pretty good and all the talk about being minnows is just a joke ofc, but imo SA are just too good to not win the series. Looking forward to the Port Elizabeth test, love the band over there, makes for good viewing.

Beamer

Has Ramdin got his glovework back up to standard yet?
Against Bangladesh and in the ODI's against India it was much better but not quite back to his pre-captaincy level. Tbh he is the least of our problems on this tour. I'm backing him to score some good runs and hold his catches now he's used to the captaincy. It's the likes of Smith, Fudadin, Johnson and Blackwood facing Steyn, Philander and Morkel that worries me.