• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** West Indies in South Africa 2014/15

anil1405

International Captain
I definitely wasn't expecting it tbh.
A glance at the team sheet before the start of the game gave me the feeling that it could be anyone's game. An attack of Morkel, Abbott, Parnell, Duminy and Phangiso was never going to guarantee a win against this WI team.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nope, Aussies were just too good.

No choke there, 1999 and 2011 were chokes but not 2007.
Hmm can't agree with this. The way they went about that game suggested they were mentally shot from the get go.

Suppose it depends what you call a choke. Some might say it's when you're expected to win, you're in a winning position and throw up all over yourself. Others would say if you're mentally screwed going in you've already choked.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Can we just never play at Centurian again please? Our bowlers get absolutely slapped every time we play. Several of those were complete mis-hits that went flying over the boundary. What is it with this place? Judging by the shellshocked look of our players walking off, this match isn't going to last very long.

In all serious though, take Narine and Dwayne Bravo out of this attack and we have no variety whatsoever. No matter how badly we've been playing over the last few years in ODI cricket we've had a half decent and varied bowling attack. But now we just look absolutely useless. Nice job Sir Clive!

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
He either needs to retire or move down to number 6. I think he would be a ridiculously good number 6 in ODI cricket but they seem very reluctant to try him there.

Marius

International Debutant
2007 is one of the greatest chokes of all time ffs.
Oh rubbish.

Australia were unstoppable that World Cup, nobody beat them.

In 1999 and 2011 were in positions where we should have won the game, but not 2007. Please enlighten me how 2007 was a choke.

Marius

International Debutant
Hmm can't agree with this. The way they went about that game suggested they were mentally shot from the get go.

Suppose it depends what you call a choke. Some might say it's when you're expected to win, you're in a winning position and throw up all over yourself. Others would say if you're mentally screwed going in you've already choked.
Then India vs Australia in 2003 was a choke, Pakistan vs Australia in 1999 was a choke, Pakistan vs NZ in 1992 was a choke, etc.

Just cause you get blown away by a better team doesn't mean you choked.

OverratedSanity

Yeah they were probably chokes too. Atleast I think India vs Australia 2003 was to an extent. Our bowlers got caught up in ultra aggressive mode and forgot what they'd done well all tournament. SA in 2007 was the same. The approach showed a complete lack of mental clarity.

OverratedSanity

Oh rubbish.

Australia were unstoppable that World Cup, nobody beat them.

In 1999 and 2011 were in positions where we should have won the game, but not 2007. Please enlighten me how 2007 was a choke.
Ive posted about the 2007 semi being a choke so many times recently for sone reason. I consider it a mental collapse because if how sa let Australia's pre match comments affect their game plan. They were called meek and slow and to prove a point they tried to slog McGrath and Lee for sixes every over. Choke maybe the wrong word.... I guess you could call it one of the best examples of letting an opponent's comments get to you. Was a display of total mental fragility imo.

Marius

International Debutant
Ive posted about the 2007 semi being a choke so many times recently for sone reason. I consider it a mental collapse because if how sa let Australia's pre match comments affect their game plan. They were called meek and slow and to prove a point they tried to slog McGrath and Lee for sixes every over. Choke maybe the wrong word.... I guess you could call it one of the best examples of letting an opponent's comments get to you. Was a display of total mental fragility imo.
Yeah, I'd agree with that, but I certainly wouldn't call it a choke.

And like I said, Australia was unstoppable in 2003 and 2007, they didn't lose a game.

Even the ones they should have lost (like against England in 2003) they still managed to somehow win.