• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

Howsie

International Captain
I'm sorry but why is Mathews batting at five in this team? For a guy who is apparently the best player of swing and seam in the world you'd think he'd be able to bat at three in this team.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm sorry but why is Mathews batting at five in this team? For a guy who is apparently the best player of swing and seam in the world you'd think he'd be able to bat at three in this team.
He's an excellent batsman with the tail.

But I agree, he should be higher. Atleast no. 4 imo.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
well I was surprised when I got up this morning and checked the scorecard as was expecting to see us following on after I headed for bed at lunch with us at 30/2..Not bad that we only lost wickets and that we have had a couple of guys who got some runs..Next target is avoid the follow on and then if we do that , get us as close as possible to the first innings score..Decent position but still well behind in terms of the game..Vithanage and Siriwardena are both attacking players so i can see more action for BJW unless they curb that natural aggression a bit and dig in..

Mathews is a good player but #5 is his slot, he doesn't have the technique to bat higher up- I know a lot of people will say yes but the3&4 are not scoring, but remember they are brand new to this level. He has amazing temperament and good power but imo, he is in his best position at 5.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Ugh, weather looks horrid. Nice start from S0uthee though. Hope he can finally get a bag.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Boult experimenting with going wide of the crease a lot. Would prefer it if he just tried to get close to the stumps to catch the outside edge.

Athlai

Not Terrible
It's criminal that Southee is averaging 50 with the ball this year in Tests. Has been much better than that.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Tim with a great line here...for a right hander.

Aaaaaand...he's out. All part of the plan.

Flem274*

123/5
bit of a disappointing end. he flayed/reached at that more than anything.

im sure ive seen him bat in a test in sri lanka and i had no idea his name was pronounced like that.

not confident of a southee 5fer because he never bowls that well to the tail. boult, wags and craig usually fill their boots.

Last edited: