• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in Australia 2010

Bobisback

International Regular
You've already been warned about this. Cut it out or you're going to miss the Ashes on here as you'll be banned. If we haven't already made it clear, nasty bitter rants and abuse /= banter.
Are you kidding? His post was spot on. Australia sucks right now, yet everyone is whinging and whining about how everything is going against us making us lose, as if on a sunny normal day we would have destroyed Sri Lanka.

Matt79

Global Moderator
@ Bobisback - No, not kidding at all. If you want to talk about moderation, email the mod account, if you want to talk cricket, get on with it.

FTR - plenty of people have been getting hooked into the Aussies for being dire in this game and in recent times in general.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Difference is that in those years they were giving the stars a rest to keep them fresh,unlikely that when you get to the World Cup it will all click into place this time as the players you take are not in the same class.Having said that it is probably the most open World Cup in ages so you get on a roll and anything can happen.
No actually, that's not right at all. A year out from the 03 WC Australia were in "crisis" as the captaincy transitioned to Ponting. They dicked around just before the 07 WC too.. Some insane training regime after the home ashes and during the tri-series saw the finals lost to England. Donita not there haven't been problems before. They weren't that flash a year or so before 99 iirc.

Would be handy to have better bowlers available..

flibbertyjibber

You've already been warned about this. Cut it out or you're going to miss the Ashes on here as you'll be banned. If we haven't already made it clear, nasty bitter rants and abuse /= banter.
That wasn't being nasty,it was how i see it.If you got upset by that well i give up.

The point i made was when you don't have a team of stars and things are going wrong they all seem to happen at once,hence the comment about a possible umpiring mistake.It is part of the game and hurts like hell when it happens but when things aren't going well they all seem to come at once against you.

I'll give you an example of what i mean,the Slater run out all those years ago.Probably wouldn't have changed the result but hurt like hell at the time as we felt hard done by.

Point made,and i will not mention this game again just to please you.

Spark

Global Moderator
Smith's gotta think about coming up and down the pitch. Can't afford to get pinned down by yorkers.

Should probably take a leaf out of Razzaq's book too, Johnson looks totally hopeless out there

Bobisback

International Regular
@ Bobisback - No, not kidding at all. If you want to talk about moderation, email the mod account, if you want to talk cricket, get on with it.

FTR - plenty of people have been getting hooked into the Aussies for being dire in this game and in recent times in general.
He was talking about the cricket, its not like he was saying "hahaha useless ****s cant even beat Sri Lanka" I thought it was a good post, agreed with it as I read it and looked for the Facebook Like button.

Matt79

Global Moderator
That wasn't being nasty,it was how i see it.If you got upset by that well i give up.

The point i made was when you don't have a team of stars and things are going wrong they all seem to happen at once,hence the comment about a possible umpiring mistake.It is part of the game and hurts like hell when it happens but when things aren't going well they all seem to come at once against you.

I'll give you an example of what i mean,the Slater run out all those years ago.Probably wouldn't have changed the result but hurt like hell at the time as we felt hard done by.

Point made,and i will not mention this game again just to please you.
See, you can make your point while not being nasty when you try. Make the effort to post that way rather than the other way, and you'll have a much smoother time.

Matt79

Global Moderator
He was talking about the cricket, its not like he was saying "hahaha useless ****s cant even beat Sri Lanka" I thought it was a good post, agreed with it as I read it and looked for the Facebook Like button.
How lovely for you. I find your opinion on this deeply fascinating.

Burgey

Faaaaark... That's a big hit.... 125 metres.

Then run out, top bit of work there.

Last edited: