• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in Australia 2010

Dissector

International Debutant
I am always nervous about bowling spinners in the death overs not matter how good they are. This over could lose SL the game.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Aussies been so badly outplayed by this SL outfit. Such a good team the lankans - so many great players - Sanga, Mahela, Murali, Malinga and the new guys who are bobbing up now.

Smith out now.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
That's the match. Well played Sri Lanka, deserve it.

We half lost this when Watson got out. The rest was lost when Clarke got out. They were the ones who look settled, we needed them to see us through to about 140-150.

Last edited:

Sylvester

State Captain
SL setting good field and the bowlers are backing up the captain. There in lies our problem on the bowling front, batting is a whole different story.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well played SL - too good

Bring on the fc games as our guys need pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenty of practice

Spark

Global Moderator
SL setting good field and the bowlers are backing up the captain. There in lies our problem on the bowling front, batting is a whole different story.
I don't know how much you can read into this though with respects to batting. When you're trying to score at 7, 8, 9 RPO against such tight bowling, and when 4's are near-impossible (so you've got to try for sixes or 3/4 of the way), you're gonna see a few silly shots.

Bottom line we should never have let them get to 210 off 41 overs. Especially at the SCG with rain about, that's way, way, way too much.

Ruckus

International Captain
I don't know how much you can read into this though with respects to batting. When you're trying to score at 7, 8, 9 RPO against such tight bowling, and when 4's are near-impossible (so you've got to try for sixes or 3/4 of the way), you're gonna see a few silly shots.

Bottom line we should never have let them get to 210 off 41 overs. Especially at the SCG with rain about, that's way, way, way too much.
Lets just blame Hussey again, that always soothes the pain.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Should've got 270 in Melbourne and failure to capitalise on starts has been our problem at all levels for yonks

To me, it's been a case of "same ole, same ole" and they've paid for it for the TENTH time in a row

Spark

Global Moderator
Should have yes. Clarke's done it twice now so he has to have a bit of a think about it. More Wednesday, which was just awful, than today, which was more of an attempt to hit it for six, which we kinda needed.

We didn't capitulate, though, which is good. We just got outplayed.

Last edited: