• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in Australia 2010

Jayzamann

International Regular
This will probably dent confidence for the Ashes more than the WC tbh. Unless England get smooshed tomorrow (lol), I worry about the headspaces these Aussies will have at the Gabba.

Ruckus

International Captain
This will probably dent confidence for the Ashes more than the WC tbh. Unless England get smooshed tomorrow (lol), I worry about the headspaces these Aussies will have at the Gabba.
There are only so many times we can lose in a row. Our run of bad 'luck' has to end soon. And hopefully the Ashes will mark the end.

Sylvester

State Captain
I don't know how much you can read into this though with respects to batting. When you're trying to score at 7, 8, 9 RPO against such tight bowling, and when 4's are near-impossible (so you've got to try for sixes or 3/4 of the way), you're gonna see a few silly shots.

Bottom line we should never have let them get to 210 off 41 overs. Especially at the SCG with rain about, that's way, way, way too much.
Agree, the bowling is too undisciplined. Starting in India and carried on through this series, no yorkers, no slower balls just half volleys and short stuff that bounce waist high.

Spark

Global Moderator
Disagree TBH. If they were going to fall in a heap and not put up a fight at all it'd have been today, and it would've been over including the shouting about two hours ago.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Well done Sri Lanka. Great landmark to achieve. The better team in the two games by a long long long way.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Forget the mental state, of more concern is the fact that most Aussies look woefully out of form, the bowling replacements are injured and the selectors will likely stick with the incumbents

Spark

Global Moderator
Forget the mental state, of more concern is the fact that most Aussies look woefully out of form, the bowling replacements are injured and the selectors will likely stick with the incumbents
Watson, Haddin, Ponting, Clarke don't look out of form at all. Hussey and North yeah but then we already knew that.

Ruckus

International Captain
Drastic times call for drastic measures. My Ashes line up for the Gabba:

1. Watson
2. Katich (if injured, Hughes)
3. Ponting
4. Clarke
5. Khawaja
6. Smith
7. Haddin
8. Johnson
9. Hilfenhaus
10. Copeland
11. Bollinger

Dissector

International Debutant
A big moment for Sri Lankan cricket. They have had a lot of grief on their tours to Australia and finally they have a win to show for it.

Australia has been surprisingly weak in ODI's at home in the last few years while being strong abroad. Losses to England,India, South Africa and now Sri Lanka. They are still major contenders for the World Cup though; let's not forget they won an ODI series in India last year.

Will be interesting to see how this series impacts the ODI rankings. I would imagine Sri Lanka has a chance of going to no.1.

Jayzamann

International Regular
:(

ot: no way Sri Lanka looked like losing this series even as the latter half of their innings on Wednesday rolled around. Striking while the iron was hot. Australia were abject and Sri Lanka weren't.

Spark

Global Moderator
That's a good question actually. When did we last win a home ODI series that wasn't against Pakistan, WI or NZ?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will be interesting to see how this series impacts the ODI rankings. I would imagine Sri Lanka has a chance of going to no.1.
Going on the ICC predictor thing SL need to win the next game to complete a 3-0 series win and then win the first 4 of their 5 game series against WI before they go ahead of Australia.

To be fair Australia had a big rankings lead going into this series but it is very tight now with little between them,SL,SA and India.

World Cup will be very open this time.

Not having a dig,is this a record number of defeats in a row for Australia in all forms of the game? I presume it will be as they are usually so strong.

Last edited: