• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Official' Semi Final 2 - Pakistan v India

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

Mike5181

International Captain
Rooting for Pakistan here. You have to respect what Misbah and Afridi have achieved. They started with an inconsistent but talented bunch wavering from excellence to school grade cricket. They are now a team unit with lots of variety in their bowling attack and a reasonably well balanced batting line up. They will still have to play well though. The likes of Tendulkar and Sehwag aren't exactly push overs on a cricket pitch. Umar Gul will be the key i think. I didn't rate him but now i see he is a top class bowler.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Tbh, Agarkar is an extremely underrated ODI bowler. Struck early more often for us than any other.

salman85

International Debutant
Agarkar used to be great.Fastest to reach 100 or 50 ODI wickets,or something along those lines IIRC.But then he got hyped up as an allrounder,and thus the decline started.He did have an uncanny knack for picking up wickets though.

smash84

The Tiger King
Agarkar used to be great.Fastest to reach 100 or 50 ODI wickets,or something along those lines IIRC.But then he got hyped up as an allrounder,and thus the decline started.He did have an uncanny knack for picking up wickets though.
Nope. He wasn't fastest to reach 100. Was going great guns though and looked like someone who might get there (like Mendis in ODIs) but then fell away.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Crucial question: What happens if the match is washed out by rain?

I know in case of a tie, there will be a super over (as was mentioned in commentary during India-Aus match)

Shri

Mr. Glass
Nope. He wasn't fastest to reach 100. Was going great guns though and looked like someone who might get there (like Mendis in ODIs) but then fell away.
Fastest to 50 ODI wickets, got there in 23 matches. Held the record from 1998-2009 before Mendis got to 50 ODI wickets in 19 games.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Fastest to 50 ODI wickets, got there in 23 matches. Held the record from 1998-2009 before Mendis got to 50 ODI wickets in 19 games.
yeah i thought that 50 might be it so I only mentioned 100 wickets :p.......

even Mendis has slowed down considerably. Probably won't beat Saqlain in fastest to 100 wickets.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Crucial question: What happens if the match is washed out by rain?

I know in case of a tie, there will be a super over (as was mentioned in commentary during India-Aus match)
Not much chance of rain this time of the year in Chandigarh.

But i guess it would either be a super over or go down to previous results.
In any case they probably have a spare day.

yamibone

Cricket Spectator
Pakistan vs India *TRAILER*

Who is hyped for the semi final next week? I am!

I've made a trailer check it out, and comment also. It's my first post here and also my first time ive made a trailer so it might not be the best but please give some feedback on what i can improve or if its good/bad. Thanks

:laugh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa1DjDeAVoc

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I would agree with this. Nehra and Munaf had done nothing to keep their place in the side and Sreesanth deserves another chance. I just hate Munaf's attitude. Not saying Sree has a good one, but he is a definite trier. But yes its a gamble, he could go for 50 in 4 or get 4 wickets. Its the matter of gambling to take that risk. But i doubt Dhoni would take that risk.
I am not as nervous as i had been for the Australia game. Maybe because we have got into the semis. Victory against Pakistan would be sweet. They are playing very well at the moment. Its gonna be epic.
Sree does not have an attitude problem, he has a behaviour problem. He seems to piss off his own team mates (and more importantly the captain) with his antics. But he gives his 100% when on field, unlike Munaf who is just pathetic.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Sree does not have an attitude problem, he has a behaviour problem. He seems to piss off his own team mates (and more importantly the captain) with his antics. But he gives his 100% when on field, unlike Munaf who is just pathetic.
I can't help but think Sree is like Stuart Broad, whilst Broady has grown up, Sree has gona back to sucking his thumb and being wierd. But hey, I like his uniqueness and the fact that he gives 100%. Munraf Patel has never been very good. I feel the only way Pakistan will lose this is if :
India post 280+
Pakistan lose wickets to India's fasties.

All in all, can't wait a single moment.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Tbh, Agarkar is an extremely underrated ODI bowler. Struck early more often for us than any other.
AWTA. Still the poor guy gets a lot of flak. IMO lightyears ahead of any Indian seamer except Zaheer now (in ODIs obv)

Blaze 18

Banned
Teja has apparently predicted an Indian win. I think that's very good news for Pakistan. Be worried if you are an Indian fan. :ph34r:

Blaze 18

Banned
haha.....yeah I am hoping for the same.........I am using it for my sig :cool:
That's where I saw it.

And, on a serious note, I believe Teja has got it right this time. I also believe it is high time someone added some much needed spice to this thread. Not youtube-esque crap of course, but friendly banter. Posters from both sides have been too diplomatic and too nice in this thread. Looks like I'll have to start off proceedings.

A question for Pakistani fans - should I make an Afridi/Akhtar tribute youtube video now, or would it be better to wait for their ODI careers to end on March 30?

Let the battle begin!

***logs off*** :ph34r: