• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Official' Semi Final 2 - Pakistan v India

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

Shri

Mr. Glass
Sreesanth is better fielder than both Nehra and Munaf and a marginally better tailend batsman compared to both. He should be the first preferred bowler if they are thinking about a change. His insanity could just be the difference between the sides in this insane game.

R_D

International Debutant
Sreesanth is better fielder than both Nehra and Munaf and a marginally better tailend batsman compared to both. He should be the first preferred bowler if they are thinking about a change. His insanity could just be the difference between the sides in this insane game.
Sreesanth would be a gamble and Nehra would be the safe option..
If this world cup was in South Africa .... Defiantly pick him but unfortunately it is not.

He's most likely to go for 50-60 runs is a 4 over spell..

Shri

Mr. Glass
Sreesanth would be a gamble and Nehra would be the safe option..
If this world cup was in South Africa .... Defiantly pick him but unfortunately it is not.

He's most likely to go for 50-60 runs is a 4 over spell..
Swings the new ball more than Nehra and Munaf. Yeah its a gamble but he is just as likely to get us 2 or 3 wickets in the game. Seems to always do well after he is dropped and picked in the side again.

R_D

International Debutant
Swings the new ball more than Nehra and Munaf. Yeah its a gamble but he is just as likely to get us 2 or 3 wickets in the game. Seems to always do well after he is dropped and picked in the side again.
Agreed he is just likely to take 3 or 4 wickets or goin for lots of runs
If Gamble pays off Dhoni will get praised... If not media will have field day... Blasted from all corners.

My preferred option would be Nehra but I could see the logic behind picking Sreesanth as well.... I just don't want them to pick Munaf for the next match.

Isn't the pitch in Mohali usually fast bowler friendly or just another flat track?

BoredMan

Cricket Spectator
Words cannot describe how ecstatic I would be if Pakistan wins this, especially after all the BS that's plagued the players and PCB over the last few years. But I have to be honest: India is the best team in the world. Their batting lineup is unmatched and Zaheer Khan is in top form right now. Pakistan wasn't even expected to make it this far.

I'll tune in at 2:00 am local time to watch Pakistan's biggest game since 1999 with my expectations low. If they win, though, the small portion of me not dedicated to running and screaming will be astonished.

Remember the advantage of being a cynic: you're always either right, or pleasantly surprised. :D

Fusion

Global Moderator
Now that my team is in it, I have to ask why the **** is the Semi Final of a World Cup being played on a weekday? I know this is already a long tournament and the powers that be didn't want to have that long a down-time, but ffs this is the Semi! Surely the scheduling could've been worked out better to have it played on a weekend?

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Now that my team is in it, I have to ask why the **** is the Semi Final of a World Cup being played on a weekday? I know this is already a long tournament and the powers that be didn't want to have that long a down-time, but ffs this is the Semi! Surely the scheduling could've been worked out better to have it played on a weekend?
I agree with the general feeling but think having the semis on a weekend would put the finals on a weekday unless we are ready to wait a week for the finals.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
After NZ upset SA, all predictions are out the window.

India will be under far more pressure, although they can handle it better than the Pakistani's who have imploded in one match.

At a time like this, one is reminded of the great Imran's shrugged comment:
I don't care if we win or lose as long as we play to the best of our ability.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm gonna ask my manager if I can get Wednesday off next week. I know I won't get Saturday of for sure (which would really suck if India make it to the final).

Hoping we bat first as well.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
I would agree with this. Nehra and Munaf had done nothing to keep their place in the side and Sreesanth deserves another chance. I just hate Munaf's attitude. Not saying Sree has a good one, but he is a definite trier. But yes its a gamble, he could go for 50 in 4 or get 4 wickets. Its the matter of gambling to take that risk. But i doubt Dhoni would take that risk.
I am not as nervous as i had been for the Australia game. Maybe because we have got into the semis. Victory against Pakistan would be sweet. They are playing very well at the moment. Its gonna be epic.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
I would agree with this. Nehra and Munaf had done nothing to keep their place in the side and Sreesanth deserves another chance. I just hate Munaf's attitude. Not saying Sree has a good one, but he is a definite trier. But yes its a gamble, he could go for 50 in 4 or get 4 wickets. Its the matter of gambling to take that risk. But i doubt Dhoni would take that risk.
I am not as nervous as i had been for the Australia game. Maybe because we have got into the semis. Victory against Pakistan would be sweet. They are playing very well at the moment. Its gonna be epic.
All I am trying to say is, even if Sreesanth goes for 50 off 5 overs, those figures are not going to much worse than Munaf's and the fielding he does at thirdman/fineleg would be a 1000x better than Munaf or Nehra.

Dissector

International Debutant
You know, I am warming up to this idea of Sree playing the game. It's not a huge gamble either. If he fails we have the part-time bowlers who can make up. Yuvraj has looked like he can handle ten overs and Raina, Sachin and Kohli can make up any overs that Sree doesn't bowl. I don't think it will happen though.

smash84

The Tiger King
Shall we say Nuclearly Armed Cricket. Now who can survive that :devil2:
haha.....that is a good one.....the match does promise to be a cracker

After NZ upset SA, all predictions are out the window.

India will be under far more pressure, although they can handle it better than the Pakistani's who have imploded in one match.

At a time like this, one is reminded of the great Imran's shrugged comment:
I don't care if we win or lose as long as we play to the best of our ability.
Can't disagree there. It is the effort that people want to see If they lose after a decent effort then people won't say anything. Besides they weren't even expected to make the semi-finals before the world cup started.

Words cannot describe how ecstatic I would be if Pakistan wins this, especially after all the BS that's plagued the players and PCB over the last few years. But I have to be honest: India is the best team in the world. Their batting lineup is unmatched and Zaheer Khan is in top form right now. Pakistan wasn't even expected to make it this far.

I'll tune in at 2:00 am local time to watch Pakistan's biggest game since 1999 with my expectations low. If they win, though, the small portion of me not dedicated to running and screaming will be astonished.

Remember the advantage of being a cynic: you're always either right, or pleasantly surprised. :D
Yeah man. Good luck watching the match in Canada.

Or Mohanty :ph34r:
haha.....Mohanty, as ordinary as he was against other teams, did terrorize our batting line-up a fair few times. Heck even Irfan Pathan was lethal against us. Bring back Kuruvilla please :p

salman85

International Debutant
Mohanty had a decent outswinger.

Irfan isn't bad enough to be in the Kuruvilla and Mohanty club though.He was a very VERY good bowler.Even the Irfan of today is twice the bowler Kuruvilla and Mohanty would ever be,combined.