• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Australia were smart, which I dont think for 1 second they are, they would go around the wicket and bowl into Trott's body, pushing the odd one up there for the drive. With 3 140+ bowlers and on this pitch, they could easily execute this plan. But it wont happen.
Don't think they need to. Just get it up and just outside off.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think I've probably said it before, but Trott's the poor man's Kallis, isn't he? Doesn't have the great man's range of shot, but always seems to absolutely play in his own bubble and seems totally unfuffled by it all.

simmy

International Regular
You Aussies must be getting very bored of watching these two bat. Hardly been fluent but it's hard to see where a wicket will come from.

grecian

If anyone gets out to Watto bowling this rubbish they need to be sent to the Tower, it reminds me of Derek Pringle at his worst.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Well you're right, social, none of us knows for sure what was said (yet) to cause Ricky's little outburst so there's no point in speculating too much. Whatever it was, it was just another sign of the pressure he's under, not unlike the "piss weak umpiring, Aleem, piss weak umpiring" remark to which TV viewers were treated by the Holder of the Flame of the Eternal Spirit of Cricket
Fantastic batsman but will not go down as a great personality, Ambassador, captain or thinker.

More a whiny ass that appears to have a limited cricket brain who happens to be a fine, fine batsman. The 'Ponting pull' is a work of art. He isnt a beloved cricketer though, at least for me.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nice to see Cook not so set on survival that he doesn't forget to put the half volleys away.

Good comeback from Sidney tho, tbf. Got one to leave Cook off the seam.

Son Of Coco

You Aussies must be getting very bored of watching these two bat. Hardly been fluent but it's hard to see where a wicket will come from.
If they keep these lines up I'll almost guarantee it'll be somewhere between the keeper and cover.

Woodster

International Captain
If anyone gets out to Watto bowling this rubbish they need to be sent to the Tower, it reminds me of Derek Pringle at his worst.
And some suggest he's as good as a front line bowler. Perhaps it's what Captain Marvel's telling him, but oh my.

pskov

International 12th Man
Well bringing Watson on and asking him to bowl 4 feet outside off has brought the runrate under control but not achieved much else. Australia do realise that they need to take wickets to have a chance of getting back in this game right?

And the ball isn't getting any newer either.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Aussies looking bloody hot out there. Does Siddle usually turn that colour?

I want us to keep them out there all day today and all day tomorrow, and maybe declare just before lunch on Day 4

social

Fantastic batsman but will not go down as a great personality, Ambassador, captain or thinker.

More a whiny ass that appears to have a limited cricket brain who happens to be a fine, fine batsman. The 'Ponting pull' is a work of art. He isnt a beloved cricketer though, at least for me.
Tbf, that is totally contrary to what virtually every player (i.e. people who actually know him) says about him

Most notable exception would be Vaughan, who is a certified, gold star, whinging **** himself

Woodster

International Captain
The attack looking very tame, and we're looking very solid, just hope we can hold our patience and keep picking them off.

grecian

And some suggest he's as good as a front line bowler. Perhaps it's what Captain Marvel's telling him, but oh my.
Well the only thing I can think of, is with Doherty, Bollinger and Harris having fitness worries. he may be bowling within himself to bowl a lot of overs. Yet TBH, they really might as well bowl Hussey and Ponting, because it amounts to the same.

Woodster

International Captain
Tbf, that is totally contrary to what virtually every player (i.e. people who actually know him) says about him

Most notable exception would be Vaughan, who is a certified, gold star, whinging **** himself
Tbf, he's a definite whinger, unless it goes his way.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member

Legacy isnt about what your mates say but about the general public. Maybe he just has a PR problem.