• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Round of 16 Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah most people I know enjoyed it aside from the timezone, which is what it is

Definitely some questionable officiating mind you
Oh yeah for sure. I recall some absolute shockers

Part of my love for that tourney was the bet we had in our team where everyone put in a carton of beer and picked a team to win. Everyone e was getting all excited and about six blokes put in their tip before it came to my turn, and I couldn’t believe not one had already picked them, so I went “ahhh, Brazil. How can’t anyone have tipped them yet?”

won 15 cases.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah most people I know enjoyed it aside from the timezone, which is what it is

Definitely some questionable officiating mind you
1669980186169.png

Funny to look back on in the context of yesterday - Spain had a goal disallowed because the linesman flagged this as having gone out.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'm enjoying how almost every confederation has about half its teams go through.

Assuming that Brazil and one of Serbia and Switzerland progress this evening (dangerous I know), it'll be:

Europe 8/13 teams through - 61%
Asia 50%
Africa 40%
South America 50%
North America 25%

Mexico losing a place by 1 goal to Poland letting the side down just a tad though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Only 5 unbeaten teams out of 16 left then. Must be the lowest since the WC went to 32 teams, surely?

Weirdly 4/5 are from two groups.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Only 5 unbeaten teams out of 16 left then. Must be the lowest since the WC went to 32 teams, surely?

Weirdly 4/5 are from two groups.
12 of the 32 teams in 1998 were unbeaten at the end of the group stage, including 3 in one group.

12 teams in 2002, 11 in 2006 and 9 in 2010, 2014 and 2018 were unbeaten after the group stages.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
12 of the 32 teams In 1998 were unbeaTen at the end of the group StaCOMINGe, including 3 in one group.

12 teams in 2002, 11 in 2006 and 9 in 2010, 2014 and 2018 were unbeaten after tHOME group stages.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Question about the rule of when the ball is out. With the rule as I understand it, and with this picture C14B526F-FC4B-446C-AE7D-B1E231106023.jpeg

It makes sense that it’s in. But what if the ball was in the air (eg no part of the ball touched the ground) and he kicked it back inside - assuming the players feet are inside the line - but the whole ball was out. Is that in or out?

ripper868

International Coach
Imagine the very outside edge of that white line shoots a light straight up, as long as any part of the ball is not all the way through that light, then it's still in play. The ball being airborne or on the ground does not factor in to it being in or out.