• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Round of 16 thread

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Given he has to deal with the worst media in the world in one of (if not the?) most football rich nations, it's probably fair enough
lol the British sports media is tame compare to their Spanish and Italian colleagues.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mark Warburton would actually be good, and Furball would hate it. Yeah I know it would never happen.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Should just poach Iceland's coaching team. Probably the most tactically perfect performance I've seen in an international.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd actually be okay with international football mandating that the manager had to qualify in the same way as the players.

But it doesn't so let's get the best available manager

Uppercut

lol. Did your hear Ian Wright saying he'd rather Southgate than Wenger? Need to stay English m8

Rodgers isn't English anyway.
Yeah I did, was so funny. Pundits who have such bad opinions should be made to ring the parents of players that have been relegated under Southgate and explain their reasoning.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I only watched the second half but gawd that was awful. It looked way more likely to end 3-1 than 2-2. Should England even be selecting Rooney at this point? I can't remember him having a positive influence on any FIFA tournament match since Euro 2004.

Well done Iceland, but I hope they don't overstay their welcome by beating France. It's a feel good story seeing the underdogs do well but they're not an entertaining side to watch.

Uppercut

State of Cahill's defending for the 2nd goal. Spud.
England genuinely looked surprised every time an Iceland player passed the ball. The "underestimated them" stuff is a cliché but that's really what happened, they defended the whole game as if Iceland were a team of blockheads that looks long every time when they actually use the ball reasonably well.