• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Round of 16 thread

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Hodgson: "I'm comfortable that, whatever way we want to play, we'll be covered. Systems wins you nothing. Football players win you games."

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
McManaman on comms is livid. Worst display he's ever seen from an England team. Not sure about that but it's a contender.

Burner

International Regular
Rashford looked more deadly in the 3 minutes he was given than anyone else in this match.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Iceland deserved it.

Rashford had more energy and guts in his pathetically short cameo than the rest of them put together.

Think the solution is to put all of the lazy, feckless wankers on £500 a week.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One small consolation is that the Icelanders will give the Frogs a fright, oh and that our banks aren't quite as **** as theirs

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We will be fine when teams come onto us in the knockout stages as they have to they said.

That turned out well, we played at our level which is poor.

Bye Woy.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Most damning thing is that I can't think of a serious chance in the 2nd half.

With a result like that what usually happens is a combination of one or more of the following:

opposition goalie has the game of his life
opposition defence defend like warriors and block absolutely everything
all your players have a collective mare in front of goal and proceed to miss everything.

That didn't happen, Iceland were comfortable.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
McManaman on comms is livid. Worst display he's ever seen from an England team. Not sure about that but it's a contender.
I've seen a few over the years, and I'd have to say that McManaman's spot on. Maybe the loss to Norway in 1981 is the absolute worst ever, but I'm struggling to think of many others as bad as this.
And it isn't about a lack of respect for today's opponents. It's simply an objective assessment of what we saw tonight, and the complete lack of quality in all departments.