• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Round of 16 thread

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Sterling looks like one of those players whose first, second and third thought is how he can score. Setting up a team mate is almost a last resort. Is this what he does at club level ?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Seriously does Hodgson have any impressive performances or results in a tournament with England? Beating Wales 2-1 is probably the highlight and even that was almost a disaster.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Seriously does Hodgson have any impressive performances or results in a tournament with England? Beating Wales 2-1 is probably the highlight and even that was almost a disaster.
Erm we were decent against Sweden at Euro 2012? Probably about on par with beating Wales?

It's all so predictable isn't it?

These are all excellent players, by and large. A couple of been below par - Sterling & Kane in the group stages, Hart throughout - but I won't have it that they don't care so clearly the setup is the problem. Either that or we are just too damn naive, which would again point at the coaching.

I can believe we will turn this around, but if we don't score by the hour then I'm going to flick that switch from optimism to eternal gloom

Edit - excellent probably overstating it. But these guys tend to do the business in the Prem for some of the top sides.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Just as bad is the low bar of performance he seems to find acceptable. Every game he's delighted with our high possession rate, he seems to expect us to just eventually score goals because of it.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Erm we were decent against Sweden at Euro 2012? Probably about on par with beating Wales?

It's all so predictable isn't it?

These are all excellent players, by and large. A couple of been below par - Sterling & Kane in the group stages, Hart throughout - but I won't have it that they don't care so clearly the setup is the problem. Either that or we are just too damn naive, which would again point at the coaching.

I can believe we will turn this around, but if we don't score by the hour then I'm going to flick that switch from optimism to eternal gloom

Edit - excellent probably overstating it. But these guys tend to do the business in the Prem for some of the top sides.

My advice is to flick the switch from ITV to whatever's on the Beeb or C4 tonight.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sturridge is meant to be drifting in. He's not a wide player.
Not what Roy said pre-match interview. He said he'd picked Sterling and Sturridge to provide some width. Obviously on a quick break or there's space then they come inside.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes, but it doesn't justify the nature of the goals conceded tonight.
I mean you've been ****e, no denying it, but Iceland had got no credit at all. Level of team England should beat more often than not, but have no right to do it comfortably or look good doing it. Hodgson is facing unfairly high expectations for once.