• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 3 - New Zealand v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeamUp

International Coach
SA has got some tough choices...Can't believe it but Botha might have to miss out. I can see Van Wyk keeping his spot ahead of Ingram sadly. Van Wyk is a good player but has to bat in the top 3 then if he plays.

1. SMITH
2. AMLA
3. VAN WYK
4. KALLIS
5. AB
6. JP
7. FAF
8. PETERSON
9. STEYN
10. MORKEL
11. TAHIR

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Pig is usually very consistent against South Africa, has a solid record with the bat and has chipped in with some vital wickets in the past. Oram and Mills are the other guys who historically like South Africa. The likes of Taylor, McCullum and Vettori don't have much previous. Vettori in fact has a terrible career record against South Africa in tests and ODIs. Cue a bucket load and vital runs from Dan on Friday night!

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Is there a reserve day for any of the quarter finals? If not, then South Africa wouldn't mind a wash out. Rain is forecast for later this week in Dhaka.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Talking about loving the opposition...

Kallis has been feeding off NZL for some time now.

I also think if you woke up Amla in the middle fo the night and you offered him a bat against New Zealand he would be delighted. I think only India has expereinced the wafting wand more dangerously in the past. :laugh:

Steyntjie has been there and there abouts as well.

Blaze 18

Banned
Voted for South Africa. New Zealand have to bat first and post 270+, if they are to have a realistic chance of winning.

SeamUp

International Coach
There are reserve days...the ICC finally decided there had to be some about 5 days ago..typical ICC.

Why wait until you are well into a big tournament and make rule adjustments...like 2.5M rule and then QF venues and so on.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
There are reserve days...the ICC finally decided there had to be some about 5 days ago..typical ICC.

Why wait until you are well into a big tournament and make rule adjustments...like 2.5M rule and then QF venues and so on.
Making it up as they go along.

Flem274*

123/5
Should pick Sinclair. Played the ODI* and test innings of his career against them. He'll obviously do it again.:ph34r:

*Not his biggest score, but we were up **** creek without a paddle and he got 70 odd not out and got us to a pretty competitive total. It was awesome.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
sinclair was in the squad in 03 and they never even used him, and that was played in south africa.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets

Pretty sure there's always been reserve days in place for the knock out games and the 2.5m rule has always been there it just hasn't actually been needed in the past and I say they actually did the right think amending it mid-Tournament rather than stick to their guns.

Venues thing I couldn't agree more with.

SeamUp

International Coach
Pretty sure there's always been reserve days in place for the knock out games and the 2.5m rule has always been there it just hasn't actually been needed in the past and I say they actually did the right think amending it mid-Tournament rather than stick to their guns.

Venues thing I couldn't agree more with.
No seriously mate, until about 5 days ago, there weren't any reserve days.

So if you finished 1st or 2nd and played the 3rd or 4th side of the other group and the game got abandoned in the QF...the sides who finsihed 1st or 2nd go through.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
And South Africa need to take the wickets of McCullum, Guptill, Ryder, Taylor, Styris.

It's like saying that sides have to take wickets in order to win.

Amazing revelation.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
And South Africa need to take the wickets of McCullum, Guptill, Ryder, Taylor, Styris.

It's like saying that sides have to take wickets in order to win.

Amazing revelation.
The team with the most runs wins, regardless of if all the batsmen are out or not on a particular team. Once the second team up exceeds the runs of the first team’s score, the second team wins. Consequently, if they do not exceed the first team’s score by the time all their batsmen are out, or all the overs are complete, they will lose.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
So NZ really need to score more runs that SA if they want to win. Is that what you are getting at?

GGG

State Captain
Talking about loving the opposition...

I also think if you woke up Amla in the middle fo the night and you offered him a bat against New Zealand he would be delighted. I think only India has expereinced the wafting wand more dangerously in the past. :laugh:
he has played us once and got 38