• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 3 - New Zealand v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BeeGee

International Captain
Whats wrong with being positive before a match? I know I would rather be that than negative.

As long as you respect the opposition and Faf has said that all the sides that are left are dangerous.

In any event we don't need to worry about the opposition just like all other sides shouldn't be. Just concentrate on your own teams plans and your skills and talents.

So once again, you're barking up the wrong tree.:blink:
Dude, I'm clutching at straws, here. Throw me a flipin' bone.

BeeGee

International Captain
I think you missed his point :)..........

I think Salman is trying to say that usually the opposition must have one very high quality bowler to enforce the choke on SA
Southee is capable. His stats so far in this WC:

6 games, 14 wickets, avg 15, econ 3.95.

BeeGee

International Captain
Mate, it was not aimed specifically at you.

New Zealand have a chance...you don't need to clutch at straws...its a one-off game.
My reply wasn't really serious, tbh, but thanks anyway.

Good luck for the game. Let's hope it's a close exciting one. :thumbsup:

SeamUp

International Coach
Yeah, this choke thing just gets really irritating.

I thought Australia has won the last 3 WC's and I didn't see any other side supposedly not choke then.

If New Zealand beat SAF its because they were the better side and not because SA choked. That would irritate me as well if people said that and I was a Kiwi supporter.

Sorry if I was a bit serious there, mate.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I think you missed his point :)..........

I think Salman is trying to say that usually the opposition must have one very high quality bowler to enforce the choke on SA
Because it's not like NZ have the no.1 ranked ODI bowler in the world, or a quick with 21 wickets @19 for the year.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Yeah, most people think NZ is just a crap team in general. Ummm, they were ranked number 2 just a little while ago.

So why did they lose all those matches?
Because generally only half of the team have been showing up in the same game. Most of the time it's the bowlers showing up. Mills and Vettori. And of late Southee. But then the batsmen don't show up ruining all the bowlers efforts of restricting a team to a reachable target. There are the odd occasions where the batsmen show up, but they are few and far between.

People acting like NZ have no chance is ridiculous. What's the point of watching sport if the result is 100% guaranteed? If Ireland can beat England, it is certainly no stretch that NZ can beat South Africa. But people act like, "oh noes, NZ will never win". Some people never learn, anything can happen in sport.

Of course, if NZ do win then people will just say that South Africa choked. There's no chance that NZ can win on their own merits. No chance at all. They only reason they are turning up is just in case South Africa chokes.

Next time we have a WC, we should just pretend that the group stages occurred and go straight to SA vs IND and SRL vs AUS semis.

NZ will be demolished.
Their bowling is too weak.

It's like people watch cricket through scorecards on cricinfo or something.

[/rant]

Go NZ. I know you are underdogs but if a couple of batsman come off, and the bowlers can continue on like they can, then you are in with a good chance.

Haters can suck it!

Days of Grace

International Captain
The question is who will replace McCullum, Ryder, Vettori, and Mills in the lineup? Can they fly someone over before Thursday?

tooextracool

International Coach
Yeah, most people think NZ is just a crap team in general. Ummm, they were ranked number 2 just a little while ago.

So why did they lose all those matches?
Because generally only half of the team have been showing up in the same game. Most of the time it's the bowlers showing up. Mills and Vettori. And of late Southee. But then the batsmen don't show up ruining all the bowlers efforts of restricting a team to a reachable target. There are the odd occasions where the batsmen show up, but they are few and far between.

People acting like NZ have no chance is ridiculous. What's the point of watching sport if the result is 100% guaranteed? If Ireland can beat England, it is certainly no stretch that NZ can beat South Africa. But people act like, "oh noes, NZ will never win". Some people never learn, anything can happen in sport.

Of course, if NZ do win then people will just say that South Africa choked. There's no chance that NZ can win on their own merits. No chance at all. They only reason they are turning up is just in case South Africa chokes.

Next time we have a WC, we should just pretend that the group stages occurred and go straight to SA vs IND and SRL vs AUS semis.

NZ will be demolished.
Their bowling is too weak.

It's like people watch cricket through scorecards on cricinfo or something.

[/rant]

Go NZ. I know you are underdogs but if a couple of batsman come off, and the bowlers can continue on like they can, then you are in with a good chance.

Haters can suck it!
I think you are right. NZ are a formidable outfit if Vettori, Mills and Oram are fit. They tend to field like misers, and if they put it all together they have a more than decent bowling attack with Mills, Southee, Oram, Vettori and McCullum. The problem for NZ is that their batting is a bit thin, though if Taylor or McCullum get going anything could happen.

South Africa are the better team on paper though, no one can deny that. I expect SA to win this one but surprises and upsets are always on the cards especially when the opposite number is SA.

smash84

The Tiger King
I think you are right. NZ are a formidable outfit if Vettori, Mills and Oram are fit. They tend to field like misers, and if they put it all together they have a more than decent bowling attack with Mills, Southee, Oram, Vettori and McCullum. The problem for NZ is that their batting is a bit thin, though if Taylor or McCullum get going anything could happen.

South Africa are the better team on paper though, no one can deny that. I expect SA to win this one but surprises and upsets are always on the cards especially when the opposite number is SA.
This