• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Amazing how after one test win in 3 years the Pakistan fans suddenly think they have a team of world beaters.:laugh:
Not true...from what I read..most Pakistani members on this forum have been quite realistic with their expectations.. No one expects Pakistan to win this series.. We just want a good show thats all..and hopefully a test win..

Nah.

Aamer, Asif and Gul could all have excellent series; however Pakistan's batting is so bad that they won't be able to bowl England out cheaply enough to win.
Ditto..You cant bowl out the opposition for 88 every time..and thats what Pakistan needs to win..If Australia had scored 20 runs more, Pakistan would have lost the match..thats how piss poor the batsmen are.. So unless these youngsters can get together and post totals above 300 consistently...Pakistan will find it very hard to win a test match despite their great bowling.

I think Aamer is really overrated... we will see.
We will see about that :dry:

I would hardly be surprised if people like you start calling some of the English batsmen overrated by the end of the series.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Not true...from what I read..most Pakistani members on this forum have been quite realistic with their expectations.. No one expects Pakistan to win this series.. We just want a good show thats all..and hopefully a test win..

Ditto..You cant bowl out the opposition for 88 every time..and thats what Pakistan needs to win..If Australia had scored 20 runs more, Pakistan would have lost the match..thats how piss poor the batsmen are.. So unless these youngsters can get together and post totals above 300 consistently...Pakistan will find it very hard to win a test match despite their great bowling.

We will see about that :dry:

I would hardly be surprised if people like you start calling some of the English batsmen overrated by the end of the series.
Awta with all of them, no-one is really expecting us to do well, which is a good thing, we ca just concentrate on the performance not the 100 million Pakistanis out there who expect big win and a good series'... If Pakistan wouldn't be afraid to put in a little bit more experience and not so much predjudice (Misbah in, Alam in etc), then we will progress, and it will take time as alot of us have already mentioned.. England to win but will be a great series, Asif to show who's boss!

pakster

U19 12th Man
I don't think Pakistan's batting lineup is quite as week as some make out. I mean, Salman But can be decent, Farhat is experienced and has had (infrequent) moments of OK-ish ness in the past, Azhar Ali looked OK in the first few tests and the Akmals are the Mario Brothers of world cricket, in that they are good plumbers with a penchant for dangerous (and often successful) endeavors. Add to that Pakistan's formidable bowling lineup, and I think it's quite reasonable to suggest that the current Pakistan team is the finest collection of sportsmen on the planet.

Prove me wrong.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I don't think Pakistan's batting lineup is quite as week as some make out. I mean, Salman But can be decent, Farhat is experienced and has had (infrequent) moments of OK-ish ness in the past, Azhar Ali looked OK in the first few tests and the Akmals are the Mario Brothers of world cricket, in that they are good plumbers with a penchant for dangerous (and often successful) endeavors. Add to that Pakistan's formidable bowling lineup, and I think it's quite reasonable to suggest that the current Pakistan team is the finest collection of sportsmen on the planet.

Prove me wrong.
:laugh: @ Mario brothers...

But Pak batting is quite weak because they are very inexperienced for the most part and mainly in the crucial middle order....the only match winning batsman we have is Butt...all the others may give good starts at times but collapse before the finish line....that's just my opinion...

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year

Prove me wrong.
You used the terms 'ok' and 'can be'
Those are the key terms..
Salman Butt can be decent...More often than not he is not.
Farhat and Ali look Ok. Ok is not good enough to win a test series.
Akmal brothers often dangerous. That means quite often they are not so dangerous..Once again..thats not good enough to win a test series.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ffs. Shahzad injured, Bresnan in. Shahzad was going to be 12th man anyway I think. So Tiny Tim can step into the substitute role roll.

Woodster

International Captain
It's clear that Pakistan pose a very real threat with the ball, in typically English conditions, where the ball will swing and do a bit off the pitch, and in Kaneria and Ajmal they have a couple of more than useful spinners capable of having an impact on a Test in the latter stages.

But it is there batting, as we know, that causes the greatest area of concern, and whether they can repel the kind of testing spells that Jimmy Anderson, Stuart Broad, Steve Finn and Graeme Swann are capable of on pitches and conditions they are most familiar with. Pakistan will no doubt have periods of play where they can get well on top, I anticipate Umar Akmal to entertain in more than a couple of innings, whether that's with an attractive half century or a match defining century, time will tell.

I expect some enjoyable cameos from a number of the Pakistan batsmen, but I also expect to see the likes of Cook, Strauss, KP, and Colly, to weigh in with some matchwinning numbers.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Umar Akmal vs Swann. That will be the battle of the series. Expecting some serious tap from Akmal, but Swann to end with highest wickets aggregate at around 30 per wicket.

Woodster

International Captain
Umar Akmal vs Swann. That will be the battle of the series. Expecting some serious tap from Akmal, but Swann to end with highest wickets aggregate at around 30 per wicket.
Yes Akmal certainly won't die wondering. Will look to come down the track and put pressure on Swann, but Swann will love the challenge and will fancy his chances, using his changes in flight and pace. Will be gripping viewing, I agree that Swann may have to take a couple of lusty blows before he snares his man.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Pakistan have an excellent chance, far better than they'd usually have. Since they're coming of a Test Series allready, they should be fully climatised.

Stapel

International Regular
I honoustly give Pakistan only a minor chance. We've seen that, in order to win a test, they need to bowl their opponents for 88. That won't happen that much, even with a great attack.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As far as I'm concerned:

England > Australia in England.

It took a combination of things for Pakistan to scrape a win against Australia.

If England don't beat this lot it will be almost as bad as losing to West Indies in the Caribbean.