• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Faisal, I want to repeat, I don't want to get into a "you cheat and we don't" type of argument. The only point I was making is that the allegations made by the English media in the past have not been unjustified or unfair, and to say that "there will be allegations of ball tampering as soon as Aamer starts reversing it" is just symptomatic of a slight persecution complex which is not helpful.

So I will not comment on whether what Anderson did us comparable with what happened in 1992 (the evidence is there for people to make their own minds up). All I will say is that when he did that, there was indeed a media outcry, as this clip showed. Which further undermines the argument that Pakistan are treated any differently than anyone else.
Point taken...and i am not intending to start that type of an argument either..

Faisal1985

But with respect you're wrong. There was no English media outcry alleging Pakistani ball tampering in 2006. The allegations were made by an Australian and a West Indian umpire. Now, Pakistan were criticised by some for their subsequent behaviour in refusing to play (and plenty of English commentators also supported them in that regard), but as for whether they were guilty of ball tampering, the English media kept out of it an reported on
the matter pretty responsibly.

I can't remember any allegations being made in '96 either.
Agree to that..English media or authorities didn't make a mess of the situation.....of what i saw and remember....

Plus i personally feel thankful to ECB for their support to Pak Cricket.....second home indeed...

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did a fair bit on the first day when India won there in 2007.. even Ganguly picked up a couple. Pakistani pace bowlers should do well if they bowl first there.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pakistan have historically done well in English conditions.. won series in '92 and '96 (comfortably).

slowfinger

International Debutant
Pakistan have historically done well in English conditions.. won series in '92 and '96 (comfortably).
Yeah but that was when they had completely different players... Wasim Waqar who had already been established as 'greats' , this team is much younger.

Faisal1985

Amazing how after one test win in 3 years the Pakistan fans suddenly think they have a team of world beaters.:laugh:
No...that's not true for the most part...

As far as i am concerned, the win against Australia has lifted the mental block that we had about test cricket for a while... thanks to our captain mr. Yousuf who very diligently worked towards making sure that he sends the Pak youngsters into a mental breakdown phase about test cricket and Australia. Our last win you can say is just the first step in lifting that block and making sure the young team understands that they can also win...that's pretty much it.....

Now they may go on to lose 3-0 against England but that wouldn't be even close to as devastating as its been after the Aussie tour....simply because we have a person leading the side who is willing to use his brain and go the extra mile to work hard to win.....

Amazing how after one test win in 3 years the Pakistan fans suddenly think they have a team of world beaters.:laugh:
Pakistan won their last test late last year against New Zealand in New Zealand,that is hardly 3 years.

I have seen this Pakistan haven't won a test series since 2006 used frequently in many threads and let us just say that it is misleading.

Pakistan did not play a single test in 2008.How are they supposed to win if they don't play?

Pak's poor forim arguably started in 2009 when they failed to finish off Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka after having them at their mercy.Pakistan should have easily gone on to win the first and second match from the positions they were in but failed to do so.Then they drew a test series against New Zealand in New Zealand later that year.The Aus 9-0 tour was the only one that was really bad and even there it could very easily have been 5-4 or 6-3 or 2-1 if we are sticking to test cricket.

I haven't even mentioned all the controversies that have plagued Pak cricket mind you.Captains getting changed every Wednesday,infighting,oath-taking.....there was just too much instability.

A full strength Pak team would challenge most teams out there with the kind of bowling they have.If England are thinking its going to be an easy series,they are in for a rude shock.

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Be intruiged to see how Aamer goes up against batsmen who are more seasoned in the English conditions. Quitely hoping he carves up, lad's an absolute gun.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah.

Aamer, Asif and Gul could all have excellent series; however Pakistan's batting is so bad that they won't be able to bowl England out cheaply enough to win.
Pakistan have a strong bowling line up, but England's is arguably better. Anderson, Broad, Finn and Swann is a very strnog, on form bowling attack. Asif is a gun, but Amir is inexperienced/inconsistent, Gul has shown to often bowl poorly and is only just coming out of disasterous Test form and Kaneria did nothing to write home about against Australia.