• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Stapel

International Regular
Reckon you would've just dropped Morgan if Bresnan was fit though.
Apart from the discussion about playing 1 or 2 spinners, I can't see Morgan keeping his place for much longer. He probably gets a nother chance next test (assuming he won't bat 2nd innings), but that should be it. Morgan hardly has any decent contributions. His best scores are, iirc, either against Bangladesh, or coming in with a 200+ lead or so. That is something that should weigh a lot, considering that Prior, Bresnan, Broad & Swann, all coming after Morgan, actually have contributed with the bat when England were under serious pressure.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As much as I dislike Bopara he deserves a chance ahead of Morgan for the 3rd test and in Sri Lanka. If he fails to take the chance then Taylor/AN Other get picked for the start of the English summer.

Morgan struggles against good pace bowling and has looked awful against spin here. Not a test player, get rid.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Some of the young guys now coming through are getting to the age where they should have a chance in the team. Hales/Taylor/Bairstow for example are all 22/23.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
There's never really been much life there any time a partnership has got in. Might be an idea to try and restrict these two before having a go with the new ball? Or with Pakistan's long tail, should we be working as hard as possible to break this partnership asap? Thoughts?
We've been kind of doing that though, despite the partnership being in for 20 overs Pakistan aren't really going anywhere.

flibbertyjibber

These 2 have done very well, great battling partnership. Might be going a bit too slow though as the new ball will be due just after drinks tomorrow and the lead might not even be 100.

Daemon

Pakistan need at least 170 runs more to have something to bowl at. Difficult to see that happening.

Uppercut

These 2 have done very well, great battling partnership. Might be going a bit too slow though as the new ball will be due just after drinks tomorrow and the lead might not even be 100.
The new ball isn't that much of a factor here, though.

Waheeey, an aggressive shot.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan need at least 170 runs more to have something to bowl at. Difficult to see that happening.
Nah - England won't fancy anything over 150 batting last on this. Lose a few early wickets, and even 100 will be an arse-nipper.

Uppercut

Really bizarre not having a slip. Was thinking just before that shot that he can just go hard through cover against any kind of width at all and if he edges it he'll probably get four anyway.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think people are exaggerating the difficulty of batting last here, pitches in the UAE don't deteriorate that much, in fact it can actually get easier to bat. The extra difficulty will come from the pressure of the situation, otherwise it's not going to be that different from the rest of the game.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think people are exaggerating the difficulty of batting last here, pitches in the UAE don't deteriorate that much, in fact it can actually get easier to bat. The extra difficulty will come from the pressure of the situation, otherwise it's not going to be that different from the rest of the game.
The ball is definitely turning a fair bit more now than it was on Day 1 though.

Uppercut

Yeah I'd be very surprised if this particular pitch flattened out. But I still think Pakistan need a lot more from this partnership before the game's anywhere near even.

flibbertyjibber

Well played by Shafiq and Ali but any England fan would have taken this position at the start of play this morning. Huge session first up tomorrow.