• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Xuhaib

International Coach
think this game is done. Broad's knock the difference maker, Younis has been the biggestdissapointment.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Well today panned out the opposite to the first 2 days. England took all their wickets when I was watching.

Luckily I'm up early for work tomorrow.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I reckon we have a fair chance. If these two can score big tomorrow and get a decent lead we can win.

But it's gonna be really tough tomorrow morning. Will have to grind out at least 20 overs before getting settled again.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
And to those who think Pakistan are done for because it's these two, well if we aren't going to rely on Shafiq and Azhar who else is there. Misbah and Younis won't be around in 2-3 years time. These two are the future of the Pakistan batting line-up.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
And to those who think Pakistan are done for because it's these two, well if we aren't going to rely on Shafiq and Azhar who else is there. Misbah and Younis won't be around in 2-3 years time. These two are the future of the Pakistan batting line-up.
That doesn't mean they're much good though. I'm not saying they're not, mind you - but it's not an argument in favour of their quality. It's a nothing argument.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I'm not arguing that they are good. I'm speaking to Pak fans who have given up because it's these two batting and not Misbah or Younis.

Xuhaib

International Coach
The problem is not these 2 its the next 5 wickets which give zero confidence. Even on the optimist side the maximum you can expect from the last 5 wickets is 50 runs and thats also a stretch. Pakistan best chance is these two add another 60-70 runs and then some one like Adnan Akmal chips in with a 30-35. However I struggle to see Pakistan making a game unless they have 200 runs in the kitty.

Last edited:

BeeGee

International Captain
Awesome game!

I'm thinking, like others, that 200 is an important number here. A lead of more than that and it's advantage Pakistan, less and it's advantage England.

The game stands on a knife edge and anything could tip it one way or another.
I love Test cricket so much. :wub:

Xuhaib

International Coach
unless you support England a collapse of 6-30 would be the worst thing to happen to this test for every one.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Since it came in and the technology showed that the old pad away was actually out then you get more lbw's or bat pad catches as players have to use their bat. Jimmy Padams would have had an even shorter career if the technology was around in his day.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
DRS has helped the spinners get more wickets. Some of the stuff being offered to the bowlers would never have happened 10 years ago. Imagine Shane Warne, Saqlain, Murali, Kumble with DRS. I guess it's good news for the Lankans, Pakistani's and Aussies since they produce world class spinners (ignore India because they don't like DRS).

salman85

International Debutant
Great stuff from Azhar and Asad.England are still ahead,and will be fairly confident going into day four,but Azhar and Asad have given Pakistan some hope.Any target of over 150 will test England.Adnan can bat,and so can Rehman.

I've always rated Azhar Ali very highly.And even though he's not set the world on fire so far,he has all the composure and technique to excel at the highest level.He has played some very knocks so far,and even though he has not gone on to pile on a huge innings,i think it's only a matter of time before he does.He's tailor made for test matches IMO.

Asad is probably the more well rounded batsman of the two.He can attack when he wants,and he can hold back too.Offlate,he's been very defensive,but that doesn't matter in the longer formats.Like Azhar,he's also very composed.A much better prospect to have in the team currently in place of Umar Akmal,who is obviously much more talented,but lacks the temperament that Asad has.

Not to suggest that these two have put Pakistan in a winning position yet,but it was definitely heartening to see our two younger batsman do such a fine job.