• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in India 2012

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know I am a bit late as not long got up but it is a delight to see Southee has finally used that potential and put in a quality performance. Might end up being pointless the way the score is right now but at least NZ have a chance and will have something to bowl at in the 2nd innings. Need another 150 though probably.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Mate, 170ish is defendable IMO, especially on a fifth day pitch and three of our top four being completely out of form. 200, and it's even. 250 and NZ definitely has the upper hand.

Disagree. I'd add at least 50 to every number you posted there.

And besides, the way it's going, not much of this test will be played on the 5th day, if at all.

Really hating Taylor for that shot.

Mike5181

International Captain
Really think we need at least a 300 run lead here. Probably closer to 350. Van Wyk/Bracewell need to play like they did in the first innings.

Howsie

International Captain
Yep, going to need at least 300 IMO, so another 170 odd runs. More or less that will probably allow us another crack with a new ball too.

BeeGee

International Captain
What do you mean by that - we are one wicket to the good?
It's a score that I use as a yard stick for NZ batting. It's easy to remember (for obvious reasons), but it's a score that NZ seem to hit with uncanny, and depressing, regularity.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Lol, terrible 'dive' from Franklin - would have been run out.

Anyway, chance for glory for both of these two. Not getting my hopes up though.