• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just know Williamson will be moved to three too early. I reckon there's a decent chance it'll happen at the start of this home summer after Franklin scores a million runs in the opening rounds of the Plunket Shield. Franklin will slot in at six or seven and Williamson will be bumped up to three. Probably not the right call but it'll happen IMO.
Best thing that can happen is to leave Williamson at 6 or possibly 5 for at least 12 to 18months and let him feel comfortable with international cricket before moving him up.It may mean a minor problem at 3 for a while but better that than set Williamson back by moving him up too soon.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Best thing that can happen is to leave Williamson at 6 or possibly 5 for at least 12 to 18months and let him feel comfortable with international cricket before moving him up.It may mean a minor problem at 3 for a while but better that than set Williamson back by moving him up too soon.
Yeah I'm inclined to agree; I doubt it'll happen like that though.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Will Scaly be posting here tonight?
I'd quite happily see India losing at home, they're getting too big for their boots. Their spin attack is relatively toothless, it's the seamers and pressure that set the game up.

They won't though. One game NZ's top order will collapse and that'll be it. That is unless of course Hopkins secretly turns out to be a gun Test batsman after a prank one in limited overs games.

NZ in this game are still only a minor collapse away from having to struggle on day 5. A bad collapse puts them under big pressure.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
GTF Harbhajan. I never hear anyone question his place in the team yet he's been average for ages. I know he's handy with the bat but he's a poor spinner now. How's Chawla getting along?

Flem274*

123/5
I'd quite happily see India losing at home, they're getting too big for their boots. Their spin attack is relatively toothless, it's the seamers and pressure that set the game up.

They won't though. One game NZ's top order will collapse and that'll be it. That is unless of course Hopkins secretly turns out to be a gun Test batsman after a prank one in limited overs games.

NZ in this game are still only a minor collapse away from having to struggle on day 5. A bad collapse puts them under big pressure.
Pretty much, though Hopkins is a much better FC batsman than List A batsman.

Out of interest Scaly, and I'm genuinely serious here, how the hell with all those quality overseas players and kolpaks did this guy score tons opening in English List A?:p

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To be fair to them though nobody expected them to have got into the position they currently find themselves in and lots of sides over the years have crumbled in India on days 4 and 5.Look at Australia last month,should really have won one game and probably drawn the other yet lost both.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I still think that if we get really desperate for a passable number 3, Jesse would be the best choice. Yes he's loose early in his innings, but he's got a rock solid defensive technique and the ability to bat long innings. Doesn't change the fact that I'd rather see neither of them up the top for the next 2 years.

Howsie

International Captain
This is the season for Trent Boult, Michael Bates, Graeme Aldridge, Todd Astle, Nick Beard, Sam WELLS, and Adam Milne really. They have a big chance to go far now.
Trent Boult will play for New Zealand before the end of the summer, I've never seen him bowl as fast as he is at the moment - he's bowling with some serious wheels.

Flem274*

123/5
Trent Boult will play for New Zealand before the end of the summer, I've never seen him bowl as fast as he is at the moment - he's bowling with some serious wheels.
When did you last see him play?

He has to stay on the park. His smaller frame doesn't seem capable of supporting the speed.

Howsie

International Captain
Howsie IIRC thinks Bates is hilariously bad. I don't think I've ever seen him bowl. Maybe once on highlights or something.. I definitely don't remember it.
Yeah he's mud. Just your run the mill domestic bowler really, he's nothing special.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not the spelling, it's more the fact that I've never heard anyone say he should be playing international cricket now at least, maybe a few years back. I thought he's a 125kph medium pacer?

Flem274*

123/5
It's not the spelling, it's more the fact that I've never heard anyone say he should be playing international cricket now at least, maybe a few years back. I thought he's a 125kph medium pacer?
130kph, but on the back of an insane last season he's in the A team.

I wouldn't pick him, but he's in the frame.

Howsie

International Captain
When did you last see him play?

He has to stay on the park. His smaller frame doesn't seem capable of supporting the speed.
A couple of weeks ago. He's bulked up a little bit, he's not as small as he was a few years back.