• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

Flem274*

123/5
2007 Under 19s becoming a talent mine

Worker
Raval
Williamson
Colson
Anderson
Guptill-Bunce
Morgan
Southee
Beard
Verma
Boult

Two of those dudes already playing for NZ, Boult and Raval chances of debuting very soon, and Anderson, Beard and Verma in a few years.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sachin used to be such a gun bowler once upon a time. Missed him bowling pies as I went to take a nap.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
REALLY think NZ have the makings of a good solid line up here.. I would say the A word but I don't wanna jinx them... But really, how cool is this line up?

Random Opener
McCullum
Taylor
Ryder
Williamson
Vettori
Franklin
Random keeper
Southee
Bennett
Patel/3rd seamer (per conditions)

I really wish NZ grow back into a real force in cricket. Hopefully, they will all stay injury free and FINALLY Dan will get to lead a team who will be competitive against any team like he deserves to.

vcs

NZ's middle order has tremendous potential. Taylor and Ryder are 26 and Williamson is 20. Could be their answer to India's Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman trio.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In terms of keepers, is McGlashan out of the selectors reckoning? Went well in the few ODIs that he played in, IIRC, and seemed quite a competent glovesman. Can write a blog, too.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
In terms of keepers, is McGlashan out of the selectors reckoning? Went well in the few ODIs that he played in, IIRC, and seemed quite a competent glovesman. Can write a blog, too.
It's inexplicable IMO that he's not the backup ODI keeper ahead of Hopkins, but he shouldn't be in the Test team. Doesn't score a lot of runs in First Class cricket. Beyond Hopkins there's also Young.

TumTum

Banned
Just on Kane, he definitely is the future bat of NZ cricket, so much maturity at a young age, will definitely help their weak as piss batting order.

Although I don't think he will become an ATG, he doesn't have the gap finding ability like most ATG's have. Noticed many of his drives and cuts went straight to fielders.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
NZ's middle order has tremendous potential. Taylor and Ryder are 26 and Williamson is 20. Could be their answer to India's Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman trio.
Yep.. rightly said. Would be an interesting day tomorrow!!!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Just on Kane, he definitely is the future bat of NZ cricket, so much maturity at a young age, will definitely help their weak as piss batting order.

Although I don't think he will become an ATG, he doesn't have the gap finding ability like most ATG's have. Noticed many of his drives and cuts went straight to fielders.
They don't need an ATG.. They already have BFJ... :ph34r:

vcs

There is no way you can judge anyone's potential to develop into an all-time great based on one innings.

G.I.Joe

International Coach

He'll figure it out with time, IMO. Dravid had that annoying problem in ODIs too, before he was dropped and came back as a vastly improved batsman.

Flem274*

123/5
Williamson changed his game a lot today, as stated already by Cribb. Generally a nudger and nurdler for singles into gaps and puts the pies away, but he shelved his drives because they weren't working for him on the subcontinental pitches, and he has the patience and defense to pull it off. Learns very quickly this bloke.