• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Niall

International Coach
Southee and Boult both dropped by their IPL teams this weekend. Southee edged out by Chris Morris (not the Brasseye one and yes that joke is so old) and Boult dropped for Steyn. They won't be to happy but from a NZ viewpoint, it won't do them any harm to put their feet up for a few weeks.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Hopefully Southee gets shelved permanently and is released a week early to join the test squad.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I think that if NZ really want to win this series, then it's time the selectors swallowed their pride and brought Ryder back into the side. Yes, his presence will probably throw out the balance of the team a little bit, but even if he isn't as good a batsman as Matt Henry or Durgh, his skills as a 3rd seamer or just too great too ignore any longer.
Heh.

His Div 2 County record is absolutely gun with the ball, yeah. Always seems to be taking wickets for fun.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Well right now we are on the ascendency and England look uncertain, unmotivated and very beatable.

I would by no means say we are going to comfortably beat them, but I don't think it would be a surprise for any Kiwi to feel we're favourites.
If Boult, Southee & co had a few practice games I would agree. England will be accustomed to conditions and looking to secure their spots for the Ashes series. They've brought back Stokes, an excellent all-rounder, who should have been at the World Cup.

Have been reading Pietersen's autobiography. If Moores still coaches as Pieteresn he did in 2008-2010 the players might be getting run-down by his intense approach.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
The team I want to see is:

1. Latham
2. Guptill
3. Williamson
4. Taylor
5. McCullum
6. Anderson/Neesham (don't personally have a preference here)
7. Watling
8. Craig
9. Southee
10. Henry
11. Boult

Last edited:

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/66470-cricket-web-net-fantasy-test-draft.html

Sign up for this fantasy draft,where you could pick the likes of Marshall,Ambrose,Wasim,Sachin in your team! We have 4 more spots to be filled.If interested please do comment on this thread with your preferred team name.At the end a voting procedure will select the prune th no.of players to 8 and finally a final to pick who the best manager is.Mark my words it will be an amazing draft experience.For more info do visit this thread!

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
I caught this picture of Neesham on my iPhone on the weekend.
Heard he wasn't too happy about being left out of the world cup squad, just presumed it was tapu to speak ill of Neesh on here

Flem274*

123/5
Nah we've been through this before Hurricane. Jimmy is not a downhill skiier. Without him in the windies we probably lose, and unlike Anderson he usually converts starts.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If Boult, Southee & co had a few practice games I would agree. England will be accustomed to conditions and looking to secure their spots for the Ashes series. They've brought back Stokes, an excellent all-rounder, who should have been at the World Cup.
Stokes is neither an excellent all-rounder nor should he have been at the World Cup.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
He'd be good for putting New Zealand agribusinessmen in their place in a way they can understand though, Stokes. Doesn't do the prim and haughty ****. Or big words, like fray.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I predict a comfortable victory for England in the test series.

Normally a poor perpetration will have me hitting the keyboard really hard. But I'm in a state of zen about the IPL clash. Nothing can be done, I'm in acceptance, once every 4 years ....

I'd rather we occasionally got out of the May ghetto, though. It may happen in about 5 years or so - about 1 year late when we are a bit **** again.