• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web.net Fantasy Test Draft

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
What You have to do
You have 11 picks, the order of the picks will be chosen randomely, and the aim of the game is to pick the best possible team from the players available. Once a someone is chosen by a player none of the other players can pick him in their team.You will have one pick at a time.(check the Draft Order)

Rules
1)You must pick one player that has played test cricket in every decade since the 30s in your team.(like atleast one form the 30s, atlest one form the 40s and so on)
2)You are only allowed to pick a maximum of two players from any one decade.
3) If a cricketer has played in more than one decade (i.e. the 70s and 80s), you can choose which decade he falls into.

Theres couple more things but i will talk about them later.

Winner
at the end of the game we can make a poll and let others vote who they think has got the best team.( hopefully there will be some pins for the winners). And every participant will get 2 pins for participating.

And it will be great if you could just write couple of lines about your picks. Its not a must but would bea nice touch. Even a copied paragrapgh from cricinfo would be fine.

So if anyone want to play send me a PM or post it in here. If you dont understand about everything u can ask me via PM or through this thread. Hopefully there will be few players.

Deadline for entries is 20th APRIL 0000 GMT

New Features
There will be one or maybe two new features added in to the game as we go along. I cant tell you what they are yet. But they should be interesting. I will tell you about them in the near future.

Other Rules
1) you have to pick the a TEST side .
2) Bradman prolly wont be included coz it will give one player a massive advantage
3) just a hint its better 2 pick the XI that will give you the most votes rather than the best XI(others will decide who the winner is)
4) good banter is allowed ( should be fun )

GOOD LUCK GUYS

Example round
In case all this is confusing this is how One round of picks will work
Players
Red Hill
Watson
Nufan

Rnd 1 Order

Nufan
Red Hill
Watson

Game starts

Nufan picks - Donald, now Donald is out of the game for everyone, since he played in a few decades, Nufan picks which decade. Do this carefully as you can only pick 2 players from 1 decade

No one can pick until Nufan is done, You will be allocated 24 hours for your pick, if you are not online then it goes to the next guy.

Red Hill picks - Sanga, Sanga is out of the game

Watson picks - Paul Strang - Strang is out of the game

Rnd 2 stars, when round 2 starts , to make it fair we will do a different order for picks. I could generate this randomly but hopefully all who enter gets a chance at first pick in each round?

Is that clear ?

More details will be added soon.

Notes - What happens ifyou are not online when its your turn, well you can delegate your pick to a friend via PM or something. Otherwise you get your turn when you are online next and IF no one is picking at the time. i.e. only after the current pick is done.

What happens next, ok lets get ppl to join the game, Just reply here with your name and team name, come up with something clever.

Cheers.

If at any time you feel like you will be away from the forum for extended periods of time, please PM me, randycricfreak with your next picks in order. Eg. If you want to pick
Ponting
Strauss
Cook

Sending me the name list in that order indicates that you wish to pick Ponting as your next pick. You send in 2-3 choices in order of preference to cater for the possibility that the player you want , eg, Ponting, will be picked up by someone else by the time its your turn. In this instance the UMPIRE, will pick Strauss for you to keep the game moving.

Pls use the umpire as no one wants to hang around waiting for you over days on end.

If you have any questions, I don't know how better else to explain it. So SUCK IT.

=============================================================

TIMED OUT LAW

Simply put, you miss your turn within the said 24 hours,you'll be given 12 more hours,you don't manage to turn up within that 12 hours,you'll be out of the draft,since you've wasted 36 hours of us.To make the things simple you could PM your picks to me or to one of the mods/admins to keep the game moving.

Thanks.

Hope all of you got it.Please do leave a comment if interested in playing the draft along with your team name.Please do read the instructions carefully and later on we'll have a poll,to find out the best team!

And btw,

I would be using this to generate the draft order,and this would be based on random picks not an average/mean selection,so theres a chance it getting skewed.

</TITLE> <LINK rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="football.css"> <style TYPE="text/css"> </style> </HEAD> <BODY leftmargin="0" Class = "Border" WIDTH="20%"> <P CLASS="SideLinks"><BR><BR> <FONT COLOR="WHITE">Fantasy Football 2001</FONT><BR><BR> Co

Feel free to ask any questions! Please do spread the news,we're looking for at least 12 players for this,to make it more interesting! And also you have to forward your decade in which you're allocating the player ,you can't change it afterwards,decade allocation should be done before your next turn.And also reminding you its a must to pick players from all the decades starting from 1930s to 2010s.For 2010 you can have a max of one player as the decade is halfdone.

Last edited:

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Ok taken in to account!

Teams so far

1.AldoRaine18-Team Bluebells
2.randycricfreak-Invincibles

Last edited:

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Teams so far

1.AldoRaine18-Team Bluebells