• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To a reasonable extent, what you are saying is right. However, there were others who were extra-ordinarily paid but should've been as hungry for success. Uthappa, Ishant Sharma, M Tiwary all fall into this third category.
Absolutely right.

BTW I think you may be a bit unfair on Dravid. He may have been proven wrong in team selection and ineffective in team motivation, but dont think his own desire and dedication were wanting.
I'm not really knocking him, though. If I was a bloke with damn near 10 000 Test runs made in all sorts of circumstances against the best sides in the world, I'd find it hard to motivate myself 110% to throwing my body around in a 20-over slap-fest where the only thing on the line was money. See, contrary to what many people think, people generally need more than just money to motivate them. Throwing a ton of it at guys like Dravid and expecting them to be at their best is a fundamental misunderstanding of who they are and why they do what they do.

The comparisons between this and WSC are erroneous for one fairly simple reason; in WSC, the players were still representing their countries or at least felt like it. With IPL, the players would be very aware that they're representing a club. Sure they'll do their best because they're in a contest and top-shelf sportsmen hate losing at anything but only to a point, I reckon.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh ****s sake, just realised 10 isn't showing this live.

****ers! Gotta stay off the net untill the end.

duffer

Fleming on commentary: Asnodkar's so good he could touch MC Hammer. Heh, I'm sure everyone in India got that joke.

Then a minute later he said thanks Ranjith to Rajat Bhatia. :laugh:

Flem, gotta love the guy.

duffer

192 is about par here I reckon. Wankhede has produced big scores all the way through and has tiny boundaries. Wouldn't be surprised to see Delhi get close. Lot depends on Sehwag obviously.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
And out go Delhi. Hopefully we can get a strong middle order batsman, on the cheap, for next season. Luke Wright, Mark Ramprakash or Cameron White from the Royal Challengers are three possibilities.

duffer

And out go Delhi. Hopefully we can get a strong middle order batsman, on the cheap, for next season. Luke Wright, Mark Ramprakash or Cameron White from the Royal Challengers are three possibilities.
Tiwary, AB and Dilshan have come up a cropper haven't they?

Luke Wright is an good shout but I've read Sachin's already talked to him about signing for Mumbai next time around.

On Delhi, I hope they persist with Yomahesh and Sangwan and don't relegate to permanent bench warmers. These two have potential and with Gambhir, Dhawan and Sehwag they have a possibly excellent Indian core to build a team around.

ret

International Debutant
although I like Delhi, a Gambhir and Sehwag show, i don't think they deserve to be in the semis at the cost of Mumbai

only if MI had gone through and we could have seen a Royals vs MI final [thats assuming that MI would have been at 3 and knocked out Mohali]

duffer

I do think we would have given a better account of ourselves than Delhi did today but the fact is we finished with less points than Delhi despite them getting the rough end of the stick from the weather in a couple of games.

The horror start and not being able to hold our nerve in the three last ball defeats is what did us. We don't deserve to be in the semi's after bottling it so hard when it really mattered.

But fantastic performance by Rajasthan againb, Smith's injury could weaken them for the Final but I still think they'll be strong without him. Yusuf and Asnodkar can do the job at the top.

sideshowtim

Banned
although I like Delhi, a Gambhir and Sehwag show, i don't think they deserve to be in the semis at the cost of Mumbai

only if MI had gone through and we could have seen a Royals vs MI final [thats assuming that MI would have been at 3 and knocked out Mohali]
Suck it up, princess. Mumbai didn't make it and deservedly so. Lol @ their fans.

How good is Watto? He'll get a call up to the Windies now you'd think.