• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Sangakarra's 'five finds of the IPL'

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/352688.html

A bit disappointed when I read this as I'm not sure they're really finds. And three Australians?
Marsh has to be a find considering he came into the IPL with no fanfare (also with not a great domestic record), same goes with Pomersbach who only played for Aus in extremely unusual circumstances. Yusuf Pathan whilst also being an international cricketer has only until recently got discussed on his on terms, instead of merely being referred to as Irfan’s older and less talented sibling. Although, I agree about the selections of Watto and Chawla, the former has been around Donkey’s years whilst Chawla has played test and ODI cricket in the past eighteen months all over the world.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Not really sure what Bangalore can do to improve considering the likes of Kallis, Jaffer, Dravid et cetera are all on huge contracts and unless they want to pay these guys out, they can't just get rid of them.
Bracken will hopefully be available next year and he will be a good foil for Steyn one would assume, whilst, Ross Taylor should have a free slate to partake in the whole competition as well. Yet, they are still going to have the problem of having cricketers who are not equipped for this format but are forced due to their price tage/presence to continually play to the subsequent detriment of the team.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Not really sure what Bangalore can do to improve considering the likes of Kallis, Jaffer, Dravid et cetera are all on huge contracts and unless they want to pay these guys out, they can't just get rid of them.
Bracken will hopefully be available next year and he will be a good foil for Steyn one would assume, whilst, Ross Taylor should have a free slate to partake in the whole competition as well. Yet, they are still going to have the problem of having cricketers who are not equipped for this format but are forced due to their price tage/presence to continually play to the subsequent detriment of the team.
One hopes that the 'class' that is used to refer to some of these folks extends to business dealings and that folks like Kallis, Dravid (who himself has done OK, actually) excuse themselves from the last 2 years of their contracts, perhaps in exchange for a partial consideration.

Bigger question is who to replace them with - a top order that fires is a must have and the obvious names are all taken. Pieterson can slot in at #3, perhaps.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
A mix between Taylor, White, Misbah, Bracken, Boucher and Steyn are good internationals. They just have to get the right mix.

Kallis can just be part of the awesome cheerleaders Bangalore have.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Why is his nickname SOS? Like Stephen Silvagni :p

And yeah he's pretty much in the best form you could possibly be in. What a freakish gun.

pasag

RTDAS
Marsh's scores for Punjab since coming in a couple of games in:

84, 40, 39, 74, 2, 81, 60, 40, 115

How much did he go for again?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Marsh's scores for Punjab since coming in a couple of games in:

84, 40, 39, 74, 2, 81, 60, 40, 115

How much did he go for again?
$50k. Best deal ever for Punjab. They can sell him for millions to another team, or keep extracting some fantastic cheap labor! They win either way.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Holy cow that onslaught was awesome. Gonna watch it again on 10 now. :laugh:

Marsh what a guy. I know his batting style is nothing close to Hayden but that type of dominance reminds me of Hayden. If Marsh can take this into the other forms of the game replacing the big Queenslander might not be that difficult afer all.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I think he'd be worth a pay rise of about 2000%
Yea, he'd be worth it, but why in the world would they? They've signed him to $50,000 and he'll make that unless he is traded away. I mean, they can't choose pay Dhoni less if he under performs his contract of $1.5million, so why should another player get more if he outperforms?

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Warney: Watto, you're captain today. Oh, and by the way - neither of our top two bowlers or our regular openers are playing.

Nice. :laugh:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Was a pleasure to watch Darsh's innings. Again, easily the most watchable batsman in world cricket atm. Yuvraj was okay aswell. :p