• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Broad, Swann, Cook hold up three fingers in a pose

KP makes the point of holding up four for his picture :laugh:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How the hell do they fit the highlights of today into an hour?

Also what is Jim Maxwell on about, saw something he said about starting at 10.30 in England would nullify what happened at the end. Not today it wouldn't as the outfield was a bog at 10.30.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's certainly been some dribble in here since 10:30 last night. I take it the game got mildly interesting for a little while?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just a casual bit of Australia getting walloped by KP, Trott, Woakes, Bell

Prior would have only needed four balls to win the game that's the annoying thing

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Woke up to the radio saying there was an exciting finish in the offing in the Test match (32 required off 6 overs). Thought to myself wtf for a few minutes before leaping out of bed to turn on the telly.

All I get to see is Prior walking out to bat and then walking off again.

Fabulous. Sigh.

greg

International Debutant
Amusing to hear the radio commentators adopting their usual high ground "on behalf of the spectators" (would anyone at the ground today really have justification for feeling 'cheated'?), without offering any serious solutions to the "light problem". I see Shane Warne has tweeted that the solution is "simple" - "when the lights are on play to a finish". He might like to check out a game that England played in New Zealand several years ago when they did exactly that - and England boundary fielders were literally having to duck for cover as balls were hit towards them that they simply couldn't see against the night sky.

morgieb

Congratulations England for winning the series. It was clear they were better (at least) at the big points, and deserved their win. One thing I have to say though, lol @ England fans for whinging about negative tactics. Hypocrites.

Anyway, such a strange, but exciting, finish to the test. Disappointed I missed it. Credit to Clarke for doing it, but I'm unconvinced that's the best way forward for the team.

Uppercut

Congratulations England for winning the series. It was clear they were better (at least) at the big points, and deserved their win. One thing I have to say though, lol @ England fans for whinging about negative tactics. Hypocrites.
Time-wasting isn't 'negative tactics', it's cheating. Everyone does it though, England as much as anyone. But it's clearly worse than scoring your runs slowly.

Cook would undoubtedly do the same in Australia, and he'd get an absolutely brutal reception afterwards.

Last edited:

Burgey

Time-wasting isn't 'negative tactics', it's cheating. Everyone does it though, England as much as anyone. But it's clearly worse than scoring your runs slowly.

Cook would undoubtedly do the same in Australia, and he'd get an absolutely brutal reception afterwards.
Clarke said as much at the preso.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Nothing more satisfying than hearing England fans whinge about being 'robbed' of victory despite their attempts on both day 2 and 3 to ensure a result was impossible and having Clarke hand them the chance of a result. I'm only talking about fans who were on the radio leaving the ground though, I haven't read back what English posters thought of all this on the forum.

flibbertyjibber

Nothing more satisfying than hearing England fans whinge about being 'robbed' of victory despite their attempts on both day 2 and 3 to ensure a result was impossible and having Clarke hand them the chance of a result. I'm only talking about fans who were on the radio leaving the ground though, I haven't read back what English posters thought of all this on the forum.
Can you lot not see we were all taking the piss out of you Aussies moaning that Cook did it and then your own captain resorted to the same tactics in the same match. Anyone who can't see we were just joking is a very sad ****.

We won the series 3-0, 3 or 4-0 matters not a jot. We gubbed you in the book.