• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Spark

Global Moderator
Series result is a thrashing. After all the chat about you lot being robbed at OT then I am entitled to spout the same now. Haters can suck it.

Wambulance thread is that way>
There is a difference between banter and trolling. But if you want to test my tolerance, then go ahead

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I actually think that's right mate. I know there is the odd chance a fielding team can't see the ball, but it's pretty rare. Would rather put it in the batting team's hands, and if they knock it back then it becomes a matter for the umpires.
That was stopped because it became completely unfair when used in conjunction with Duckworth-Lewis. The batting team could just refuse the light until they were momentarily ahead of the par score, then walk off.

In tests it's much less likely but still sort of possible. If England were 8 down it would basically give them a free shot at the win: lose the ninth wicket and you can just walk off.

Ruckus

International Captain
Series result is a thrashing. After all the chat about you lot being robbed at OT then I am entitled to spout the same now. Haters can suck it.

Wambulance thread is that way>
You can't be robbed when it was your teams idea to play for a draw in the first innings

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
**** me. Went to bed just after tea, got up to see Bell run out and mayhem going on!!

WTF happened here???

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England, in it's euphoria, stupidly allows KP in the dressing room with a mobile phone. You'd think they would have learned.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I actually think that's right mate. I know there is the odd chance a fielding team can't see the ball, but it's pretty rare. Would rather put it in the batting team's hands, and if they knock it back then it becomes a matter for the umpires.
Offering the light to the batsmen is a farce.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's one thing to get hammered because you're not good enough, but it's another thing entirely to have your coach call a guy a cheat for walking and debutant whining about England playing negatively... then you follow it up with this. What a spineless, gutless, whining, pathetic bunch of crybabies that are a disgrace to cricket. Clarke makes Twatto look like the epitome of manliness. He should be banned for today, and if not Australian cricket should try and find a shred of dignity and drop him themselves.

91Jmay

International Coach
Aha I actually quite like this in a way. Makes the Aussies look like nobs, and all this 'lose to win' stuff is proven false. Clarke time wasted exactly as England did. 3-0 is a great win and I am delighted.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lyon couldn't even take a wicket when England where going for runs on the final day, thank **** we've got Sanneh, eh?

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Has to be said Faulkner looks a mug now for whining about the negativity.

Would've opened with Bell form the get go tbh not sure Roots ready for that type of situation yet.