• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So Lampard gets to come in with Chelsea still in the CL, having previously not been knocked out of it

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This should probably go in the Book Thread @Pothas (am
sure you recommended it years ago) but I finally started reading Fifty Years of Hurt. Am away with family up in Furballand and had a fair bit of free time this afternoon to really get stuck in. Absorbing.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
This should probably go in the Book Thread @Pothas (am
sure you recommended it years ago) but I finally started reading Fifty Years of Hurt. Am away with family up in Furballand and had a fair bit of free time this afternoon to really get stuck in. Absorbing.
I remember hearing about this when it came out and thinking it would be too depressing to read. I guess anything written by Henry Winter is going to be pretty good though, so maybe I should have known better. Goes up to the 2016 Euros doesn't it? In which case it should be essential reading for the Southgate bashers.

Molehill

International Captain
Back to the relegation fight, I watched the West Ham Newcastle game last night, and god knows what that might have been if you took Rice out of that team. The defending was abysmal, completely Sunday League at times. The second goal summed it up with the left back Emerson standing a yard behind everyone else and playing Joelinton on. He just looked like he didn't care. The 3rd goal was farcical.

Surely that has to be the end of Moyes, if you can't get a better performance out of your team than that (and they were poor against Southampton too), then he has to go.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
So Lampard gets to come in with Chelsea still in the CL, having previously not been knocked out of it
Honestly don't get it.

He's stunk the joint up once before, did a similar job for yer Toffees and suddenly he's back in the frame?!

He's been dining out on that play-off win against the dirties for four years now. Even then Villa stiffed Derby in the final...

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Honestly don't get it.

He's stunk the joint up once before, did a similar job for yer Toffees and suddenly he's back in the frame?!

He's been dining out on that play-off win against the dirties for four years now. Even then Villa stiffed Derby in the final...
I dunno, I mean if they couldn't get one of the top targets, and he's just a caretaker, I don't see the harm. The fans like him so won't up the toxicity. They ain't making the Champions League again, and he'll know some of the players. Yet I guess he is a lucky boy to have a chance at the Champions League, but one would think Real will end that soon, and would have whomever had played.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They risk going on a good run and folding to fan pressure to appoint him full time. Then next thing you know you've had a Norwegian PE teacher in charge for 3 years and the club is in the ICU. Happened to a, uh, friend of mine.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
538 agrees with Molehill, they think it's a 2 in 3 shot for Forest going down.

View attachment 35348

The points given there are an average result of their sim, which predicts both Leicester and Everton to survive on goal difference.

What's the record points score for a side finishing bottom of the 20 team PL? 32 points projected for Southampton in 20th which can't be too far away.
In the Prem era it’s Forest in 96-97 with 34. Quite a few 32s in there. I think there were 20 team top flights in earlier years though and I’ve not looked at them.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It’s been an insipid, tiresome season. Our 2nd best ever manager was working with his hands tied behind his back and hounded out by those who refused to acknowledge it. At one point I was told off by a steward at a home game for calling a linesman a useless imbecile.

& yet

If Notts County win on Monday then Wrexham may yet do a wrexham, and all will be right with the world

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am just going to pretend that this is like any normal Friday Afternoon, and no football happened.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
In the Prem era it’s Forest in 96-97 with 34. Quite a few 32s in there. I think there were 20 team top flights in earlier years though and I’ve not looked at them.
I don't think you can ever really accurately compare pre 3 points for a win either because of how much less valuable a draw is under 3 for a win.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't think you can ever really accurately compare pre 3 points for a win either because of how much less valuable a draw is under 3 for a win.
Yeah completely agree.

I think the top flight was 20 team in the 80s for a bit though. On my way to wiki to validate so might as well check points totals when there. I think 3 for a win was introduced in 1981 in England

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah they were a few years 88-91 with 20 but none saw Forest’s 34 beaten by the 20th placed team.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Can we now say that there us no longer any such thing as a mid-table club in the English Premier League?

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
I've always liked Bertrand Traore. Of all the daft things Gerrard did during his brief time at Villa, sending Traore out on loan for a year ranks ...somewhere in the middle I guess.