• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If the players didn't respect Potter then Nagelsmann at Chelsea will take footballing comedy to new heights.
He's got considerably more pedigree than Potter has, doesn't he? Took Hoffenheim into the CL and Leipzig to the CL semis.

Won the Bundesliga with Bryan too, but that's more or less a free hit nowadays.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Everyone on this forum could win the Bundesliga with Bayern.

You could also get 11 of us to pose as Bayern Munich and we'd probably be able to beat Dortmund 4-0 in Munich.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Potter to Leicester looks likely, no?

Btw surely the answer on the Klopp question is ‘as long as he wants’

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Potter to Leicester looks likely, no?

Of course it is, although I wouldn't be shocked if it got to summer and Klopp and Liverpool had a mutual parting of the ways.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's got considerably more pedigree than Potter has, doesn't he? Took Hoffenheim into the CL and Leipzig to the CL semis.

Won the Bundesliga with Bryan too, but that's more or less a free hit nowadays.
Ehh, there’s less in it than it seems. The sub-Bayern Bundesliga is a lower level than where Potter took Brighton, and Potter was in a CL QF.

But if they found Potter a bit lame or a bit cringe then Nagelsmann will be a serious trip.

Socerer 01

International Captain
League position probably had something to do with it.

I think there's legitimate questions to be had over Potter's abilities as an attacking coach. Brighton last season and Chelsea this had the same basic flaw - played nice football at times but struggled to score goals.
if it was league position then he should have been gone weeks ago, not like they can qualify in top 4 now and these big English clubs don’t europa league seriously unless they are in it in later stages

If the players didn't respect Potter then Nagelsmann at Chelsea will take footballing comedy to new heights.
on the contrary it seems a lot of players liked him because he wasn’t blaming them heavily. other than age Nagelsmann has more qualities to deal with bigger players, he has experience at Leipzig and Bayern of managing stars even if he fell out with a couple of them at Bayern and is known to be a good man manager

Socerer 01

International Captain
Ehh, there’s less in it than it seems. The sub-Bayern Bundesliga is a lower level than where Potter took Brighton, and Potter was in a CL QF.

But if they found Potter a bit lame or a bit cringe then Nagelsmann will be a serious trip.
and Nagelsmann took Leipzig to a CL semi with a club weaker than current Chelsea

you’re really underestimating Nagelsmann’s achievements, its impossible to dethrone Bayern for consistency but the race for the rest of the CL spots are competitive every season

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Another 6 pointer against Forrest secured, with a 6 pointer against Palace on the weekend. Gracia is proving to be the accidental coaching hire of the season.
He's made a huge difference, hasn't he. I've been impressed with what I've seen of your team lately, even when losing at Arsenal the other day. So much so that, from a Palace pov, I was pretty happy with last night's result. Insofar as Leeds currently look OK on current form; Forest less so, so it suits us for them to keep losing. And obviously results at Bournemouth and Leicester helped too.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Forest's home form will probably keep them up.
I think they're a decent team, but the final run of matches are going to be a series of dog-fights. And I wonder how their confidence is faring with the recent run of losses. Being selfish, my ideal scenario is they go down and Palace buy the lad who plays up front for them.

Do you fancy taking a guess at which three will go down? My predictions change every week. Leicester look horrible now, but that can change if they manage to win a match. Even Southampton don't look really bad. And Bournemouth have produced some decent performances recently despite still being in the bottom three.

Molehill

International Captain
I think they're a decent team, but the final run of matches are going to be a series of dog-fights. And I wonder how their confidence is faring with the recent run of losses. Being selfish, my ideal scenario is they go down and Palace buy the lad who plays up front for them.

Do you fancy taking a guess at which three will go down? My predictions change every week. Leicester look horrible now, but that can change if they manage to win a match. Even Southampton don't look really bad. And Bournemouth have produced some decent performances recently despite still being in the bottom three.
I had a quick look at remaining fixtures. Southampton have City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle and Brighton. That means they kind of have to win the other 4 to have any hope, I don't see it happening, they're gone. I suspect they'll be joined by Bournemouth for whom the fixtures are not that kind either. Forest maybe good at home, but 3 of their remaining 4 fixtures are Utd, Brighton and Arsenal. Even the other one against Southampton will be a dogfight.

Leicester have arguably the most favourable run in and so if they can get a half decent manager in quickly to get them fighting for survival, I think they could stay up.

Southampton, Bournemouth and Forest for me.

anil1405

International Captain
This is Klopp's biggest challenge in his managerial career. Last two times there was a slump in form (and energy) he parted ways with his former clubs. Now he is keen on rebuilding after the same time period. It's a question of start from scratch and rebuild.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Southampton, Bournemouth and Everton.

Howe_zat

Audio File
538 agrees with Molehill, they think it's a 2 in 3 shot for Forest going down.

1680713496484.png

The points given there are an average result of their sim, which predicts both Leicester and Everton to survive on goal difference.

What's the record points score for a side finishing bottom of the 20 team PL? 32 points projected for Southampton in 20th which can't be too far away.